Home Open Account Help 358 users online

Model Railroading > Tiny Undertaking Tuesday

Date: 07/25/17 23:57
Tiny Undertaking Tuesday
Author: Larry020

Our testing and programming track area is far, far from finished.  

On the right is a Program Track Booster.  Next is a PSX circuit breaker.  A Digitrax command station with built in throttle is next.  A Digitrax PR3.  To the left of that is our computer with JMRI's DecoderPro (an invaluable tool).  

Some people (myself included) didn't like using the unfamiliar Zephyr control panel.  I added a UP5 (throttle port) so that we could use our regular mainline throttle.  A short time later, I added a UR92 (radio repeater).  Now we don't have to lean over a desk to do our testing and programming, unless we want to.  

We now have four independent Digitrax wireless throttle networks operating in the same band (2.4Ghz) in our building.   N, HO, HOn3, and this HO test track.

Future projects would be to add more power supplies for the test track.  An MRC DC power pack, and an MTH command station were donated and just waiting to be put to work.  A RRampmeter will aid in troubleshooting.  

What have I overlooked?

Larry

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/26/17 00:29 by Larry020.

Date: 07/26/17 03:50
Re: Tiny Undertaking Tuesday
Author: jburek

...the matter, anti-matter pods cause I see nothing there to augment the warp drive... :)

Date: 07/26/17 07:58
Author: atsf4life

My Nephew and I went thru the same thing. Our next step was to sell the zypher at a swap meet and buy a Super Chief.

Date: 07/26/17 13:43
Author: Larry020

The Zephyr is great for our test track.  We have not had to add a booster yet.  The Zephyr was a donation, so we decided to use it.  Two more were since donated.  We use one for our swap meet test track, and the other is a just in case spare. 

Five years ago we bought a Chief (and a spare) for the mainline.  When the new 240 command station came out, I read every review that I could find and paid attention to the Digitrax Yahoo list.  Eight months after its release we bought one for use, and one spare just in case.  It's been operating flawlessly.

Larry

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0495 seconds