Home Open Account Help 211 users online

Model Railroading > P2K TP&W 600

Date: 09/25/01 14:12
P2K TP&W 600
Author: TPWMAN

Does anybody else own it.If so how well does yours run/pull?
Thanks for info.I'm thinking about buying one.
Windle

Date: 09/27/01 11:51
RE: P2K TP&W 600
Author: LOKOLOU

TPWMAN,
These are the GP-18's and they look and run great. The red and white paint jobs are a little on the 'bright' side so you may want to do a light weathering job on it. As I recall the long and short hoods tend to glow when the headlight is on so a coating of black paint brushed on the inside will cure that before the shell is snapped into place. I bought a dozen of these things a while back,(the price was right) and use the chassis to power GP-7/9/20's on my layout. They all run smooth, quiet and they pull well. You won't be disappointed especially if you can get one for $50 or less. I have a few complete shells if you ever screw up on the one you buy. Too bad the TP&W only had one GP-18 #600. Santa Fe got it when they merged, so I run one with my Santa Fe fleet. Hope this helps you to make a positive decision. LOL
LOKOLOU

Date: 09/28/01 16:09
RE: P2K TP&W 600
Author: SSW9389

TP&W #600 was sold to the Vermont Railway in December 1983 prior to the merger on 1/1/84.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.036 seconds