Home Open Account Help 352 users online

Model Railroading > New movies on website - Trainweb.org is back

Date: 09/26/01 17:51
New movies on website - Trainweb.org is back
Author: oaksmodelrr

If any of you modelers want to run a pair of GE Widecabs with a caboose, check out the last clip.

As you might have gathered, Trainweb.org has not been having a good week. Failure of its servers, combined with the onslaught of the NIMDA virus, have all but shut it down for almost a week. Congratulations to the two people who were able to get through during the last 2 days, because even I couldn't. But they have fixed their problems and are back in business.

Speaking of business, please forgive the shameless commerce division of Oaks for putting in the following crass advertisement. Since my kids have usurped my dominance of the basement, I have decided to thin out my collection of HO equipment on ebay. A list of what is currently up for auction can be found here http://cgi6.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewListedItems&userid=jnlcubed&include=0&since=-1&sort=2&rows=25 with plenty more where that came from.

And now for the goodies.

WARNING: These are BIG downloads.

First, an NEC lunch from August 30. With the 2155 running late occasionally, it is possible to catch just about everything Amtrak has under wires in one lunch hour.

Second, a pair of CSX runs. Rarely does a train pose as perfectly as C770/WPMO-1 did at the end of this clip. He stopped at CP Berry to wait for a northbound track car to clear up. While the crew went to the ShortStop Deli to grab a bite, Q301 was in a more remote location, holding at CP Nesh. After the bottleneck ahead cleared, he chugged slowly south, black smoke spewing from the GE widecab leader.

Third, I haven't had many NS clips on the site because I no longer work near the Harrisburg line and the Morrisville line trains are like trees in the Arctic, few and far between. But on a run to Conshohocken in July, I did happen to catch the Abrams to Lukens Steel run making its long backup move through SEPTA-land in Norristown. If you listen closely around the 1:10 mark you can barely hear the feeblest grade crossing horn in existence, coming from the caboose. My car has a louder horn.

http://www.trainweb.org/oaksmodelrr

Date: 09/26/01 18:19
RE: New movies on website - Trainweb.org is back
Author: trainman

oaksmodelrr,
Are you unhappy with all us Canadians that use this board? I notice in your auctions that you ship to the US only. The other 95% of the world might like a chance to bid too.
-trainman-

Date: 09/26/01 19:44
Shipping to Canada

I have never shipped anything to Canada. How would Canadians pay?
Can Canadians use PayPal? Other than being more expensive, is there anything special about the shipping (I use USPS)? I would be willing to ship to Canada if it isn't a hassle. If anyone has advice/experience, please let me know.

Date: 09/26/01 19:51
RE: Shipping to Canada
Author: smiller54

I ship to Canada a lot. It costs a little more - just state that in your auctions. Check out http://www.usps.com and you can get all the info you need (even figure the actual shipping costs.) Canadians can use PayPal and International Money Orders. I've had no problems with Canadian buyers.

- Steve
<A HREF="http://www.trainweb.org/csxtimetables/&quot; TARGET="_new">CSX Transportation Timetables</A>

Date: 09/26/01 23:04
RE: Shipping to Canada
Author: trainman

I regularly pay for eBay purchases by PayPal or Billpoint or money order drawn on a US bank. I hesitate to pay with postal money orders because the US post offices rarely recognize them as valid in the US (they are.) Normally, I pay in US dollars when buying from a US seller.

For the seller, the only difference when selling to a Canadian buyer is that you have to fill out a little form at the post office indicating the value (selling price) of the enclosed item. This is for Canadian customs. The Post Office supplies the form.

One thing NOT to do when shipping to Canada is send it by UPS. They tack on a $25 brokerage fee, which takes the fun, and savings, right out of it. And for your own protection, do not mark it at a "gift" unless it really is a gift.

-trainman-

Date: 09/27/01 05:01
Trainman - PS. I love Canada

If I had to live anywhere else (outside the US), Toronto would probably be the place (but I would still be a Flyers and Phillies fan). When I went to Niagara Falls for my honeymoon, I went to the side with the better view, the Canadian side. Being an American (Read: mostly ignorant of most other countries), I did not realize that many people outside the US model US trains. I photograph and model what I see in my own backyard (Philadelphia), and figure most people do the same. I will change my future auctions to offer shipment to Canada too.

PPS My favorite Canadian joke (not offensive). Someone (a radio station I think) had a contest to complete the phrase "As Canadian as _______", in the spirit of "As American as apple pie". After getting entries for bacon, hockey, moose and snow, the winner was
"As Canadian as possible under the circumstances."

Date: 09/27/01 11:25
RE: Trainman - PS. I love Canada
Author: sajay

Great joke!! I think it speaks volumes!

Humbly yours,

Scott
Half Nuts Model Railroaders - Summerside, PE Canada
http://www.halfnuts.pcs.tj

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0714 seconds