Home Open Account Help 393 users online

Model Railroading > Athearn August 25 announcements are posted

Date: 08/25/17 12:22
Athearn August 25 announcements are posted
Author: nygiant

Check them out. Seems like a light offering?

Date: 08/25/17 12:55
Re: Athearn August 25 announcements are posted
Author: SPDRGWfan

Quick run down of Athearn HO announcements for August 25:

www.athearn.com/Articles/Hobbywire.aspx

- GP40-2's

- another run of Genesis 8'+8' PC&F plug door box cars (SP repaint variants and patches, and original Evergreen)

- 53' domestic containers

- 53' container chassis

- 20,900k gallon tank cars

- Roundhouse GP35

Looks like the only thing here I may pick up is an additional Evergreen box car or two. These appear to have the COTS labels on them and the ones bought don't have them and will need them added.

Maybe a bit lighter than usual but I don't mind the relief as there has been plenty to keep my budget spent as it is.

Read more: http://atlasrescueforum.proboards.com/thread/5687/new-athearn-august-announcements-out#ixzz4qna2aGGq

Cheers, Jim

Read more: http://atlasrescueforum.proboards.com/thread/5687/new-athearn-august-announcements-out#ixzz4qnZkcFWy

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/26/17 04:28 by SPDRGWfan.

Date: 08/25/17 18:12
Author: tq-07fan

Finally! An N scale car that I can actually use and at a reasonable enough price. I've discovered that most of the tank cars I already have are too new for the early 1980's. I also like that Athearn has the era printed right on the PDF to make things easier instead of having to buy a car and look using a magnifying glass. I wish more places did that.

Jim

Date: 08/25/17 18:46
Author: MRL

Again my wallet is safe

Posted from Android

Date: 08/26/17 01:54
Author: EricSP

The SP boxcars are actually double 8' doors.

I see they have general service tank cars painted for hydrogen fluoride and chlorine service. This is not prototypical.

The SP tank car prototype was built by ACF, not RTC.

http://www.athearn.com/Articles/Hobbywire.aspx

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/26/17 01:59 by EricSP.

Date: 08/26/17 04:27
Author: SPDRGWfan

EricSP Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The SP boxcars are actually double 8' doors.

Yes, corrected that. The double 8' doors means IIRC the SP box cars are repainted Evergreen in the late 1970s, so they will only be good for around 1979 and later.

Cheers, Jim

Posted from Android

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/26/17 05:36 by SPDRGWfan.

Date: 08/26/17 07:26
Author: TCnR

This seems to be one of those attempts to support a number of smaller roads, F-units for SP&S and M&StL; GP9 in SP&S; the Tank Train in East Coast and West Coast schemes with the fancy self-steering 125t trucks; SD38 in regional schemes including McCloud; SD60E whodathunkit?. Interesting to hear how it works out for hobbyists. Almost like the trying to 'please all' strategy.

Date: 08/26/17 18:13
Author: video7105

Not sure if my wallet is safe. Just preorder.the four new Athearn NS SD60E's for 1K

Hoping for the arrival of the 6-Tier 4's Scale Trains soon

Need to lock my wallet. $2200 in locomotives this year

Dave
Mount Joy, PA

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0427 seconds