Home Open Account Help 188 users online

Model Railroading > Switching the C&GR

Date: 09/18/17 06:57
Switching the C&GR
Author: Bob3985

Yesterday at our Cheyenne & Green River Railroad I was working the Union Avenue Yard Switcher. I opted to use my CRIP RS-1 as it looks and sounds good. A good friend of mine, Larry, painted and decaled it for me in the scheme I wanted.

Photo 1; Here is the switcher pulling the grain loads out of our elevator to move them over to the Main Staging yard for shipment out on a train to the mainline.

Photo 2: Here is a close up of my RS-1 with the cut of hoppers.

We have been gaining new members in the club and the variety of trains they are running is really getting impressive.
Yesterday we even had New Haven commuter train operating on the layout. Heck, we even had one member testing his new GG-1's and another testing his Chinese GE he bought from China. All trains were interesting. I had my rotary plow train out on Saturday having heard about the snowfall up in Cody.

Bob Krieger
Cheyenne, WY

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/18/17 10:43 by Bob3985.

Date: 09/18/17 13:29
Re: Switching the C&GR
Author: wag216

I love your RS-1 because the 745 was a "regular" on the Topeka - St. Joe local. The train-master was Dick Ward (a fan) at Topeka,Ks. and a friend of my dad. Many times the 745 was used to "help" a young fan have a cab ride. (must not forget that 1961 2-8-0 was used on this job, also) wag216

Date: 09/18/17 14:58
Re: Switching the C&GR
Author: Bob3985

Good to hear from you Art. Yes, I was hooked on early Alco's once I heard the first one.

Bob Krieger
Cheyenne, WY

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.033 seconds