Home Open Account Help 218 users online

Model Railroading > Geeps!

Date: 09/23/17 14:14
Geeps!
Author: tq-07fan

In cleaning up the house today and attempting to get a bit organized I thought I should take some Geep pictures first. It got me to thinking will any Atlas N scale GP 38, GP 38-2, GP 40, GP 40-2 shell work on any Atlas GP 38, GP 38-2, GP 40, OR GP 40-2 frame? The Athearn Blue Box units used to work like this but I haven't took any of these Atlas N scale units apart yet to try it out. Also does programming then reprogramming a unit number into a decoder affect the decoder at all? I plan on painting up shells for my own railway and so I would change the unit number in the decoder to reflect the other shell.

A big hole in my selection as I do need at least a couple Chessie System GP 40-2 s to correctly represent the early 1980's but here are the fifteen Atlas Geeps in the 38 and 40 range that I have at this time. I found the Monongahela GP 38 after the first two pictures were taken.

Jim

Date: 09/23/17 21:47
Re: Geeps!
Author: up833

I have been in N many years and it seems like this issue came up before. I think very early GP38's were slightly different perhaps based on the Kato GP50 frame. I sold off all the early locos so cant go look for you.
Roger

Date: 09/25/17 10:28
Re: Geeps!
Author: Larry020

Jim

To answer your other question, no affect at all.

ʎɹɹɐl

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0427 seconds