Home Open Account Help 310 users online

Model Railroading > Was Santa good to you??

Date: 12/25/01 09:13
Was Santa good to you??
Author: ssw

I got a Walthers Dynamometer in Milwaukee colors (can't wait to get rid of the EZ Mates, add Kadee's and pull the fool out of it.)
Got a Radio Shack Trunk Tracker scanner
Got a Lionel Op. Lifesaver boxcar
and a Lionel Clarabel (brother got HO Thomas set and an Lionel Annie)

Now, off to try and figure out how to program that scanner.

Merry Christmas,
Bradley Linda

Date: 12/25/01 09:24
RE: Was Santa good to you??
Author: wabash2800

I didn't request any model train things. My interests are too specfic. I'd hate to get something I couldn't use or worse yet some Bachman toy. Clothes are fine. Therefore, I can spend my money on trains rather than clothes.

Date: 12/25/01 10:22
Author: shortliner

Yup - he arrived here in the Highlands of Scotland on Christmas Eve with a big US Mailbag containing a load of magazines I'd ordered from Paul at www.railpub.com. It has been a VERY quiet Christmas here! <VBG> We had a White One - Has been snowing on and off all day since the early hours of the morning. Hope YOU all had a good one
Shortliner

Date: 12/25/01 12:10
Author: UPED

Santa was VERY GOOD to me, I recieved 2 of the Walthers Budd cars. These are very, very nice models! For a tenth the cost of brass I'll take all I can get.

Date: 12/25/01 13:50
Author: tunnelmotor1

santa left me A Tv with a VCR built into it, so i can wacth my train Tapes that never End!!!!

Date: 12/25/01 15:52
Author: VunderBob

Santa brought me a shop vac to clean up the foam rubble and plaster dust from my layout construction.

Non railroad, he also brought me a working Spiro Agnew watch. I've always wanted one of those...

VunderBob

Date: 12/25/01 16:21
Author: LocoBil

I received a new Handspring Visor Deluxe Personal Digital Assistant, AKA a PDA. And now that I have it I have no idea of what to use it for, although I recall seeing threads on the boards about something related to trains or railfanning. Any suggestions?

Loco Bil

Date: 12/25/01 19:17
Author: neilgross

I got a 5-pack of Athearn Pacer Stacktrain containers.

I also bought my dad an Athearn Norfolk Southern Dash 9 that I'll enjoy too.

I'm told Santa may be coming back tomorrow or the next day with a package from Caboose Hobbies. Every year I ask for stuff that hasn't been released yet. This year I tried to only ask for items that were supposed to be out before Christmas, however I forgot that manufacturers and distributors can't always make the announced December 15 release date. D'oh!

Date: 12/25/01 21:09
Author: CPB284

Got one kit from Santa, a Walthers UP Autorack to add to my fledgling auto train. Ok so two cars isn't much of an autorack pool, but you gotta start somewhere! Looking forward to spending some of the post-Christmas money at Caboose Hobbies ;)

Date: 12/25/01 22:48
Author: trainart

Didn't really want or need anything this year. So, I asked all my family and friends around the country instead of sending gifts or cash to make donations to their local Humane Societies. They felt good about it as did I. Had good food and a family get together though.

Date: 12/26/01 07:41
Author: Doc

It's one of those bad news/good news things.
The bad news is I got another lump of coal in my stocking, the good news is in two more years and with a little grinding all my hoppers will be full! Merry Christmas!
Doc

Date: 12/26/01 10:02
Author: VunderBob

Doc wrote:
>
> It's one of those bad news/good news things.
> The bad news is I got another lump of coal in my stocking, the
> good news is in two more years and with a little grinding all
> my hoppers will be full! Merry Christmas!
> Doc

And with the switches and ashes he left in your stockings, you can build that new steam engine terminal, too... ;-)

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0568 seconds