Home Open Account Help 332 users online

Model Railroading > Bachmann Climax Repair

Date: 11/21/17 21:10
Bachmann Climax Repair
Author: glengui4294

Hello TrainOrders community,

I recently had to repair an HO Bachmann 3 Truck Climax (Item No. 82906) due to a split nylon gear. After searching the internet for help, I was unable to find anything specific to my dilemma. So, I dove in head first, fixed it, and documented my experience on my website for others in a similar situation.

Please let me know what you think.

[EDIT] updated link
https://consolidationofthings.000webhostapp.com/train.html

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/02/19 12:11 by glengui4294.

Date: 11/22/17 04:21
Re: Bachmann Climax Repair
Author: herronpeter

That's a great tutorial on an often needed repair. I'm glad to see someone "pull up their sleeves" and dig in to a problem and resolve it. I'll bet you had a really good feeling of accomplishment once you were done, right? Good job and thank you for sharing.............

Peter

Date: 11/24/17 05:51
Author: Finderskeepers

thanks for sharing, interesting to see the "guts" of the locomotive. I'm wondering if the On30 climax is a carbon copy of this HO one mechanically?

Date: 11/24/17 15:58
Author: glengui4294

Peter, I'm glad you like the tutorial. Sure I feel accomplished, I'm just glad it wasn't a total loss.

Finderskeepers, I really don't know about the On30 model. I think it's safe to assume that the two are similar, most companies would rather modify an existing design than create a new one from scratch.

Next, I'm goint to try to fit a SoundTraxx sound decoder in the thing. That'll be interseting for sure!

- Glen

Date: 11/24/17 16:18
Author: Finderskeepers

Glen I used a micro tsunami light logging decoder in mine. I also installed a cam under the rear truck mounted on the shaft. Perhaps with the new tsunami2 this isn't necessary, but mine was done 10 years ago. At least you could put the speaker in the rear bunker, I didn't have that option.

Posted from iPhone

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0325 seconds