Home Open Account Help 366 users online

Model Railroading > If You Modeled the Central Richmond and Pacific...

Date: 11/23/17 19:05
If You Modeled the Central Richmond and Pacific...
Author: Larry020

If you modeled the Central Richmond and Pacific, you too could have your CRAP just the way you want it.  An around the walls layout will leave you surrounded with CRAP.  A multi deck railroad can result in being both hip deep in CRAP, and being in CRAP over your head at the very same moment.  With a step ladder, you can rise above the CRAP.  Locating it in the basement requires you and your friends to descend into CRAP.  You can prevent runaway trains by having a helper (pusher) on the rear of every train, because we all know that CRAP rolls downhill. 

I was on the verge of something remotely funny (to me anyway) combining the outdoor Carnation, Rose and Petunia railway and stepping into CRAP, when I realized I'm all crapped out. 

Okay, your turn. 

ʎɹɹɐl

Date: 11/23/17 19:54
Re: If You Modeled the Central Richmond and Pacific...
Author: ESPEE5318

I remember my dad telling about a guy that was in the same train club many years ago that his freelance private road was CRAP I don't know what he claimed it stood for or he just liked having CRAP on the side of his equipment. I remember finding some old passenger cars (brown, orange, grey roof if I remember correct) with CRAP lettered on the side and saying what is this and him telling me about this crazy guy with his CRAP..........

Date: 11/23/17 20:30
Author: 2720

We had a guy in our N Scale club in San Diego, before we became part of the San Diego
Model Railroad Museum in Balboa Park, his railroad was named California Rail And Pipe!

His passenger paint scheme was 2 tone Brown!!

Mike

Date: 11/23/17 21:42
Author: wag216

About 40 years ago, in Wichita, Ks, a friend of mine had the South Haven and Indian Territory RR. wag216

Date: 11/23/17 22:44
Author: PHall

Then there's the guy who models the St. Louis Union Terminal.

Date: 11/24/17 00:58
Author: shortliner

....and, of course, the Fredericksburg and Richmond Terminal !

Date: 11/24/17 02:27

CrapmanVerne Alexander's HO scale Colville, Republic and Palouse RR was one of the railroads that was open for the SP Convention.  That experience of walking into CRAP inspired me to start this thread.

ʎɹɹɐl

Date: 11/24/17 02:47

In the San Francisco Bay Area we have the Bay Area Rapid Transit also known as BART.  Back in the late 80's or early 90's someone started  a bus service to take people from Fairfield to the nearest BART Station.  The service was called the Fairfield Area Rapid Transit.  The newspapers (remember those?) and TV news broadcasts gave them a lot of free publicity.  

To get this thread back on topic, perhaps your model railroad can play host to the Farm Area Regional Transit System.

ʎɹɹɐl

Date: 11/24/17 05:12
Author: NSTopHat

A friend of mine models the fictitious Fargo, Unity and Chicago Terminal.

Russ

Date: 11/24/17 06:46
Author: ChrisCampi

Well, I guess it is really all CRAP now.

Date: 11/24/17 07:49
Author: YukonYeti

Several years ago, there was a proposed short line called “Seattle Harbor Island Terminal..” Unfortunately, it did not get beyond the proposal stage.

YY

Date: 11/24/17 09:06
Author: tomstp

Thanks for a bunch of great posts!

Date: 11/24/17 09:33
Author: mkerner

PHall Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Then there's the guy who models the St. Louis
> Union Terminal.
Know the man well. Even has buildings with spelled out. One of the industries is Beecher Meat Co
Michael T Kerner
Collinsville, IL

Posted from Android

Date: 11/25/17 11:53
Author: jlcKS

And don't forget the real South Lake Union Trolley in Seattle. The local merchants even had signs and shirts that told people to ride the the S.L.U.T.

Date: 11/25/17 12:17
Author: rschonfelder

As far as model railroad stuff goes, I have a lot of crap having spent a lot of money on this crap.

Rick

Date: 11/25/17 13:30
Author: zephyrus

One of my modelling friends years ago had a few cars lettered for the Fremont, Union City and Milpitas.

Z

Date: 11/25/17 16:06
Author: Ray_Murphy

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0537 seconds