Home Open Account Help 305 users online

Model Railroading > ExactRail HO JA Autoflood II'S - Ameren / UCEX - Tribute to the T

Date: 12/13/17 14:02
ExactRail HO JA Autoflood II'S - Ameren / UCEX - Tribute to the T
Author: NSTopHat

Back in 2015, I was talking to ChooChooBoy, aka Blaine Hadfield, then of ExactRail, at Trainfest about the Ameren / UCEX Autoflood II's painted for both the Breastcare Awareness and the Tribute to the Troops special schemes. Well the Breastcare Awareness model was released in 2015 and I picked it up at that time. At this year's Trainfest, ER announced the re-release of th BA car as well as the first run of the Troops car, which I promptly ordered as soon as ER's website would allow.

Well, fast forward to today's USPS delivery and the Troops car was in the mail. I just pulled it out of the box and it is a show stopper. Excellent color opacity and extremely sharp printing, including color register.

Sorry, I don’t have pix of the Ta-Ta's car, as they are still boxed and buried in the basement from the move, but they are just as exquisite as the Troops car.

First three images, three more to come.

And by the way, kudos to both Exactrail and Ameren on these two cars.

Regards
Russ

Date: 12/13/17 14:18
Re: ExactRail HO JA Autoflood II'S - Ameren / UCEX - Tribute to t
Author: NSTopHat

Last three images, notice the lettering on the side of the end rib in image #6, "<- JACK - LIFT HERE".

These cars come with Kadee #58 series metal couplers, Exactrail's .110" - 36" metal wheels, interior bracing and a removable PRB plastic coal load.

Again, another well done car by Exactrail.

Russ

Date: 12/13/17 14:23
Author: SPDRGWfan

Russ,

I have to admit that's a sweet looking coal car!

I know how it is all trains in boxes. All my trains were in boxes for the past 5 months after I tore down the layout, and got the house ready to sell. I closed on the new home Nov 22 and only last weekend got nearly all the many boxes unloaded and onto shelves in the basement workshop area. The rest of the basement save the bath room rough in will be layout area after it gets finished off. Fun fun!

By the way, the slogan of the agency I support is: "Serving Those Who Server Our Country"

Cheers, Jim Fitch
Jim Fitch

Date: 12/13/17 16:05
Author: railwaybaron

Yep, the Chinese do a very good job of it, now maybe they will build and run HSTs here in 1:1 scale!

Date: 12/13/17 16:50
Author: train544

Hi
Very nice and well done car
The Cancer hopper car is also
Both cars are in shipment to me and supposed to arrive Friday
Nice pics of car
Tom Boylan

Date: 12/13/17 18:11
Author: choochooboy

Thank you for the compliments, Russ! That was a good project; this was one of the last projects I was able to complete before I left. I am glad to hear that it is well received.

My best,

Blaine Hadfield

Date: 12/14/17 05:33
Author: SPDRGWfan

choochooboy Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Thank you for the compliments, Russ! That was a
> good project; this was one of the last projects I
> was able to complete before I left. I am glad to
> hear that it is well received.
>
> My best,
>
> Blaine Hadfield

He's alive!!! Just kidding.

Hoping to see you continue to pop in as a model railroader going forward.

Cheers, Jim Fitch

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0536 seconds