Home Open Account Help 337 users online

Model Railroading > Comments on performance of Athearn Genesis sound GP 38-2 diesels

Date: 02/09/18 19:52
Comments on performance of Athearn Genesis sound GP 38-2 diesels
Author: UP951West

I'd appreciate any opinions on your experience with Athearn Genesis sound/DCC GP 38-2 diesels. Do they run well ? Do they have any operational drawbacks ? THANKS !

Date: 02/09/18 20:57
Re: Comments on performance of Athearn Genesis sound GP 38-2 dies
Author: tomstp

I hope they are louder than their GP-9's.

Date: 02/09/18 23:30
Author: grahamline

Have a pair. Haven't had any problems. They seem to pull better than the GP9s. Sound is sufficient -- any sound units I have are dialed down to about 30% volume anyway.

Date: 02/10/18 06:01
Author: navarch2

I have a 11 of them.....4 PC's, 4 D&H and 3 b&M's....all run very well ...smooth runners...and there are no sound issues at all....

Bob

Date: 02/10/18 17:03
Author: ChrisCampi

I have one. Like the sound and detail. Have had gear issues in the lead truck and it needs a current keeper. It’s the only Athearn loco I’ve ever had broken teeth on so I’m sure that’s just a fluke.

Chris

Date: 02/21/18 10:19
Author: cabman

I bought the DC version in ATSF based on comments here. It's a wonderful model and runs smoothly. The only flaw that I can detect is the plow which is a TP&W "weedcutter" which were replaced with the standard ATSF plow when repainted from red to blue and yellow. An easy fix if it bothers you.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0324 seconds