Home Open Account Help 329 users online

Model Railroading > 2018 Central Ohio RPM

Date: 02/18/18 09:12
2018 Central Ohio RPM
Author: SALGUY

The 2018 Central Ohio RPM is rapidly approaching. The dates for this years meet are April 26,27 and 28 at Marion Union Station.
The cost is the same as years past, $25.00 for the weekends activities. There is an extra cost. meet closing cookout that will cost an extra $6.00 per person.
As with any RPM YOU and YOUR models are the HEART of the meet. Robin, Kevin, Dale and I are just the hosts. The meet rotates around you guys and that is how this is supposed to operate.
We are looking for folks to present clinics and as in years past clinicians are admitted to the meet with no charge, its the least we can do for those that choose to share their talent and skill with us. We aim to present 4 or 5 clinics each day. Some meets are wall to wall with clinics, that's not how we have ever operated. We feel that fellowship and friendship are also important factors in YOUR meet.
The meet activities start around Noon on the 26th with setup and the like. We do this for the early arrivers. After setup there will be plenty of time for those that seek to do some rail fanning around Marion. Later in the day there will be dinner at the Shovel or the new Ponderosa. All are invited to attend. Of course, you are responsible for your own meal.
For those that have never been here, Marion is a wonderful place to fan with 3 double track mainlines coming together at the depot. You will not find another place like this to host a meet. There are many artifacts on display at the depot as well. AC Tower still stands on location as well as an EL caboose. Inside the depot are model boards and other railroad memorabilia.
On Friday morning we doors open 8am for those that need to set up. The meet begins at 9am. There will be coffee available as well.
The schedule is the same on Saturday with doorprizes being taken care of right after lunch. YOU must be present to win.
Around 4PM we will begin cleaning up. After cleanup there will be the meet closing cookout. This will feature burgers, dogs, brats and the usual cookout/picnic fair. This is a GREAT time and we encourage all to attend this very unique event. As previously stated this is an extra fare event with the cost being a very reasonable $6.00 per person.
The schedule is the same on Saturday with door prizes being taken care of right after lunch. YOU must be present to win.
Each evening of the meet will feature a slide/movie show. If you have OLD GOLD that others may be interested in please bring it for ALL to enjoy. Its just another way that we aim to get YOU involved in YOUR meet.
The are plenty of hotels at US23 and Ohio 95. This is a just a few miles from Marion Union Station. There are also plenty of options for dining out there as well.
So in closing, we would love to see you there and please bring plenty of models to display. We are looking for a few small vendors as well. Space is a premium at YOUR meet so the vendors must be small. Also, be sure to bring friends as well. If you can present a clinic please let me know by contacting me at seaboard_1966@yahoo.com. Thanks. If you have any questions please contact me, Denis Blake at the same email address. Thanks and Robin L Blake, Kevin Tweed, Dale A DeVene Jr and I cant wait to see you at the 2018 Central Ohio RPM.
Please feel free to share this with out groups that you belong to. The more folks that know about this the more folks that will attend YOUR meet. Thanks.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.2921 seconds