Home Open Account Help 218 users online

Model Railroading > Thoughts on Walthers Metroliner performance?

Date: 03/14/18 18:33
Thoughts on Walthers Metroliner performance?
Author: randyr

Folks:

I am considering picking up a couple of these units as I remember seeing them while on a family vacation in the DC area in the early 70's. And I have a thing for the NEC. Plus they will clash nicely with my D&RGW equipment.

I think I saw a post at one time commenting on this, but my search efforts have failed miserably.

Thanks in advance,

Randy in PHX

Date: 03/14/18 20:31
Re: Thoughts on Walthers Metroliner performance?
Author: BlackWidow

The metroliners even clash more nicely running next to a Cab Forward!!

I have 2 sets of 4. I am happy with their performance, but not thrilled. I have to work to keep the wheels clean and they seem especially susceptible to dirty wheels. One of of them, the tiny copper wire that collects power from the truck has broken off and I will need to repair it, so it only picks up current from one truck now and that causes poor operation. But, they look good and really fly if you want them to.

Date: 03/14/18 21:22
Author: NGotwalt

A member of my club has used Metroliner drives in close to two dozen Silverliner and Com Arrow shells. They run for hours on end during our weekend setups at train shows without problem. My experience is they're running is some of the best out there, in HO today.
Nick

Date: 03/15/18 06:12
Author: Frank30

If you find that you want a couple, I have 2 brand new and two run a bit on a test track.
PM me and I can get the item numbers for you. I love them, sound and lighting effects.
Frank30

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0339 seconds