Home Open Account Help 401 users online

Model Railroading > Just some more weathered 40' stack cars to share

Date: 03/20/18 00:01
Just some more weathered 40' stack cars to share
Author: MrMRL

Kinda sorta continuing on from an earlier thread...
https://www.trainorders.com/discussion/read.php?3,4508692

Just sharing a few pics taken Monday evening of my recent HO scale stack car additions. First off a newly weathered weathered A-Line / InterMountain 5x40' Gunderson Twin-Stack lettered for BNSF. Earth toned acrylic washes with 80 something Microscale FRA-224 stripe decals all the way across. Then sealed with Testors Dullcote.

Second is my chopped down / (re)decalled Gunderson Maxi-III from an old Athearn Blue Box kit. Now weathered as well with acrylic washes and Testors Dullcote. Mixed in towards the rear of a 50+ well stack train, the car stayed in one piece!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/20/18 00:07 by MrMRL.

Date: 03/20/18 00:06
Re: Just some more weathered 40' stack cars to share
Author: MrMRL

Last is my A-Line / InterMountain 5x40' Lo-Pac 2000 now loaded up and earning its keep for the RR. And to top things off, I spotted the real thing just a few days back! Almost the same number too... Guess I could go heavier on the weathering on my model. Still very nice to see these stack cars still out on the Class-1s some 32+ years after their manufacture.

Now if we could only convince someone to produce a few more of those early well car prototypes in model form? I know Pullman Standard had at least one style, I still see them rolling down the rails today...

~ Mr. MRL

Date: 03/20/18 03:01
Author: electromac

Wow......they look great.......

Date: 03/20/18 05:01
Author: Chooch

I like the mix of different manufacturers deep well cars you run on your layout. I like the weathering too.

Jim
Hatboro, PA

Date: 03/21/18 20:52
Author: atsf121

Love the TwinStack. One of these days I might actually get my kit built.

Nathan

Posted from iPhone

Date: 03/23/18 04:21
Author: SPDRGWfan

The Twin Stacks are my favorites; I saw them as recently as 8-10 years ago passing though Syracuse NY. At one time I was planning to model the end of the 80's through early 90's and bought a couple sets of the NYSW Sealand red Twin Stacks and a SP TT yellow Twin Stacks. I still have them in case I get the itch to run a stack train even though I've backdated 10 years.

Nice job.

Jim

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0545 seconds