Home Open Account Help 330 users online

Model Railroading > Does Your Club Need Free Publicity in the LA Press?

Date: 05/19/18 11:21
Does Your Club Need Free Publicity in the LA Press?
Author: Larry020

This letter was sent to our organization. We declined the offer to travel 387 miles for free publicity in the LA press. Perhaps your club will be better suited.

Below her email is my response filled with equal amounts of truth and sarcasm.

ʎɹɹɐ˥

My name is Emily Howell-Silverman and I am the producer of the 2018 Los Angeles Union Station Summer Train Fest.
Our 2017 Festival was a great success with over 15,000 guests. In addition, the Festival generated extensive media exposure including coverage in LA Weekly, Time Out, LA Daily News, LA Parent, KNBC, KABC and KTLA.
In partnership with Amtrak, LOSSAN, Metro and Metrolink, this year's festival is sure to be another successful celebration of railroad travel and model railroads.
Given your status as the best collection of model railroads in Southern California, we would be honored to have the Golden State Model Railroad Museum participate in our 2018 Festival.
The date is set for SATURDAY, JULY 14 10am-5pm.
Some initial ideas would be: an exhibit set-up in the station's historic Ticket Concourse, for which we'd be able to provide a donation to your museum, alternately, if you would like to appear at the festival as a vendor, advertising your museum, we could provide you with a station to do so, including a 6" table and two folding chairs,
Should you be interested and available, we can proceed with setting up a call to discuss details.

Best,
E

ollǝH ʎlᴉɯƎ

Thank you for recognizing our location as the best collection of model railroads. We think so too. However, we are located 384 miles north of LAUPT in the lovely community of Point Richmond, Calif.

Let me know if you need assistance locating the second best collection of model railroads, and much closer to your location.

Hope this finds you well

ʎɹɹɐ˥

Date: 05/19/18 11:23
Re: Does Your Club Need Free Publicity in the LA Press?
Author: CPR_4000

How could you turn that down? It includes a six-inch table!

Date: 05/19/18 15:03
Re: Does Your Club Need Free Publicity in the LA Press?
Author: WrongWayMurphy

I think I would forego the donation and publicity, and opt for whatever is on Jay's table.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0397 seconds