Home Open Account Help 334 users online

Model Railroading > Thanks to all

Date: 05/21/18 07:37
Thanks to all
Author: Bob3985

I want to thank all of you who made it to our Sherman Hill Model train show this past weekend. I know those who came enjoyed being treated to the 11 model layouts we had from O scale to Z. And we had a great variety of vendors as well.
And I want to especially want to thank my Trainorders friends who stopped by the UPHS booth to say Hi.
All on this forum are my friends and I always enjoy spending time and chatting with you.
We had great tours of the UP roundhouse and backshop and I thank Ed for allowing the tours again this year. I wish him well as he nears his date of bringing the 4014 out to Ogden and around the system. He and the gang are working hard to complete this restoration in time.
I also want the thank Buzz for bringing the Albuquerque club up again and his truly amazing accurate depiction of Cheyenne in the 1950's. For anyone from this area to look at his N scale depiction of the UP in Cheyenne in that era with all the shop buildings, depot, freight House, and the old Riner viaduct over the yard is truly a step back in time.
For those who did not make it we will continue running the show the 3rd weekend in May for the foreseeable future. Next year the steam crew is scheduled to be on the road so there will be no shop tours but we are looking into other options.
And in 2020 I will be chairing the UPHS convention in Cheyenne during that weekend and I have already gotten commitments from 6 speakers and a few home layouts that are willing to open their doors for visitors as well. I plan to work on more programs for that convention and also have some events for the wives as well.
Thanks again my friends and I will see you down the tracks.

Bob Krieger
Cheyenne, WY

Date: 05/21/18 18:49
Re: Thanks to all
Author: dgraves

That N scale depiction of Cheyenne in the 50's is fantastic. Also enjoyed the N scale Disney themed layout.

Posted from iPhone

Date: 05/22/18 06:21
Re: Thanks to all
Author: Bob3985

I am good friends with the creator of that set of Cheyenne modules and he will do a program on creating them for our UPHS convention in Cheyenne in 2020. These photos were taken as they were setting their layout up so he hadn't placed the Cheyenne Depot on the module at this time. I took some photos with my SLR and need to down load them.

Bob Krieger
Cheyenne, WY

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/22/18 18:32 by Bob3985.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0486 seconds