Home Open Account Help 367 users online

Model Railroading > My Eagle Mtn Project

Date: 06/10/18 18:13
My Eagle Mtn Project
Author: SimpleMoMike

While having some friends over, we needed a quick back drop and I had some scrap foam board. Used some random sprays from a blue rattle can and we had an instant back drop. Granted, it is not the perfection that some seek, but it brought some joy to those in attendance. I added the temporary back drop to my Free-mo module of Phone Line Road which is just south of Eagle Mountain. The engines are Atlas models and the ore cars are from Athrean. The sand on the module is from the actual location. Thanks for looking.

Date: 06/10/18 18:15
Re: My Eagle Mtn Project
Author: wabash2800

Thanks for sharing. Looks fine. Didn't Model Railroader do a project layout on this line but used four axle-diesels instead of the correct six-axle ones because of space constraints?

Victor A. Baird
http://www.erstwhilepublications.com

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/10/18 18:21 by wabash2800.

Date: 06/10/18 18:40
Author: SimpleMoMike

That is correct, the Model Railroader project used a U30B instead of the U30C. They used a tight radius to get everything into a tight space. I started on two modules about eight years ago when I lived on the central coast. I sold those modules since I was moving to Southern Cal and made this new one about the same time the article was coming out. The article rekindled my interest and pushed me to complete my collection of Eagle Mountain models.

Date: 06/11/18 06:23
Author: mt19a

Hey Mike, do you need any more iron ore?

Date: 06/11/18 13:32
Author: Jeff_Johnston

Very nice! Nothing like using ground texture material from the actual location to enhance the looks of the model.

Jeff Johnston
www.trainvideosandparts.com

Date: 06/11/18 15:47
Author: Larry020

Nice idea with the backdrop. It really completes the scene.

Here’s a video of a Kaiser Steel ore train model.

https://vimeo.com/162797044

ʎɹɹɐ˥

Date: 06/12/18 03:46
Author: SPDRGWfan

A back drop makes a huge difference.

BTW, is that the same Kaiser that D&RGW and UP ran a joint mineral train to?

Cheers, Jim

Date: 06/12/18 05:46
Author: Larry020

Yes!

ʎɹɹɐ˥

Date: 06/12/18 06:53
Author: SPDRGWfan

I'm working on modeling that joint UP/D&RGW mineral train which ran from Utah on the D&RGW and down the UP LA&SL line. I have 31 individually numbered UP Thrall coal gons and 5 individually numbered D&RGW Thralls for a (so far) 36 car unit train and UP and D&RGW SD45's with road numbers for their mineral assigned diesels. A Centralia shops UP CA 3/4 caboose brings up the rear.

Cheers, Jim

Date: 06/21/18 15:24
Author: intermodalres

Very nice picture and models. Thanks for sharing.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0545 seconds