Home Open Account Help 374 users online

Model Railroading > DPM 4-in-1 kit

Date: 06/11/18 19:12
DPM 4-in-1 kit
Author: WrongWayMurphy

I have spent the last week or so, on and off, working on this model.

For those that don't know, these 4-in-1 kits are just an assortment of wall panels and trim.
They provide instructions for 4 different buildings one can construct, but I never even opened
the instructions for this one, rather just winged it to fit the space allowed. I need to add
rooftop details, and the open sheet metal canopy near the front of the layout will require a do-over,
but all else worked out quite well I think.

Lone Star Feed and Fertilizer gets boxcars mostly, on two spur tracks, one inside and one semi-outside.

Date: 06/11/18 19:26
Re: DPM 4-in-1 kit
Author: santafedan

I hear there is a lot of fertilizer in Texas.

Date: 06/11/18 22:17
Author: MojaveBill

And it's been known to explode...

Bill Deaver
Tehachapi, CA

Date: 06/12/18 05:50
Author: santafedan

Is the truck in the background making deliveries????

Date: 06/12/18 08:59
Author: WrongWayMurphy

santafedan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Is the truck in the background making
> deliveries????

The truck is at a gravel pit, loading hoppers.

My layout focuses on switching, and when guys come over we play switching games.

I don’t have sweet clean warbonnet passenger trains gliding through magnificent scenery.
Unfortunately, we don’t have large basements here in Tex in which to construct such a pike.

Date: 06/12/18 11:09
Author: SP4360

Nice looking building and scene. I have several of these kits to do something with on my Fubar Flats switching layout. There are pics posted of it spread out over several months. Almost time to start adding the buildings. I'm planning on using some of the wall sections to make backround buildings along the walls. should be fun. Thanks for your post.

Date: 06/15/18 19:20
Author: GN_X838

Thanks for posting. I have a test setup that I wanted a shed or two for a different look.
I went to DPM web site and was really surprised at there structures. I have something
ordered to see how bad I can mess it up....Yours is looking good...
.....................Swede...........................Albany,OR.............................

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0327 seconds