Home Open Account Help 261 users online

Model Railroading > HO collection stolen

Date: 06/18/18 11:06
HO collection stolen
Author: wjpyper

A recent home burglary in Spokane, Washington resulted in the theft of over 1400 pieces of HO rolling stock plus locomotives and buildings. Most are Alaska RR, but other road names were taken. The Spokane Police Department has assigned Case No. 2018-10078179 to this investigation. If you are approached by anyone offering a large collection, please contact the Spokane Police Department or Jim Bowden at jmbowden46@yahoo.com
Posted by Bill Pyper
Salem, Oregon
from information on the Pacific Northwest Region NMRA Train Orders newsletter

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/18/18 12:36 by wjpyper.

Date: 06/18/18 11:11
Re: HO collection stolen
Author: funnelfan

Will keep a eye out for that stuff. I also passed the word around.

Ted Curphey
Ontario, OR

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/18/18 11:16 by funnelfan.

Date: 06/18/18 12:15
Author: PeaBock619

Sorry to hear that. It is sure maddening when a great collection that took years to get to be stolen in one day. I hope that collection gets returned. Do you have photos of what the cars and locos look like? I would show them to the police and anyone in the Washington state area.

Date: 06/18/18 13:37
Author: boejoe

The thief (thieves) may try to sell in smaller lots too. I think anything with Alaska RR should be suspect.
joe in Charleston SC

Date: 06/18/18 13:48
Author: wpdude

Sounds like the burglars knew what they were after, which makes it even more despicable.

Date: 06/18/18 13:57
Author: hartrick24

wpdude Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Sounds like the burglars knew what they were
> after, which makes it even more despicable.

I think you hit the nail on the head. Someone knew...

Steve H...

Date: 06/18/18 14:38
Author: NS7214

Nothing else in the home stolen? Just models?

Posted from Android

Date: 06/18/18 16:39
Author: BNModeler

Bastards!!
Watch Craigs List and ebay.
Good luck

Date: 06/18/18 19:23
Author: Hookdragkick

Oceans 1:87

Posted from Android

Date: 06/18/18 20:10
Author: Streamliner

What are some of the best items in the lot? Any brass locos?

Date: 06/18/18 20:38
Author: wjpyper

All you people with questions contact the victim at jmbowden46@yahoo.com

Date: 06/18/18 20:55
Author: Streamliner

wjpyper Wrote:
> All you people with questions contact the victim
> at jmbowden46@yahoo.com

I was just thinking if we all had a bit better description of the items, it would be helpful. Better to post the info here, once, than to answer several private messages, don’t you think?

Date: 06/18/18 22:39
Author: pmack

From another forum:

A recent home burglary in Spokane resulted in the theft of over 1,400 pieces of HO rolling stock plus locomotives and buildings. Most are Alaska RR, but other road names were taken. The Spokane Police Department has assigned Case No. 2018-10078179 to this investigation. If you are approached by anyone offering a large collection, please contact the Spokane Police Department, or Jim Bowden (jmbowden46@yahoo.com).

The specifics of the missing items as reported by the owner are as follows:

Sometime in early June my entire HO scale Alaska Railroad collection was stolen from my garage and outbuilding in Spokane WA. Over 3,000 pieces of Alaska Railroad locomotives, freight and passenger cars, and related track, buildings, tools and supplies. Over 118 boxes of trains were stolen - these are all new in the original box! The collection also included N and O scale Alaska items, maps, books and 68 pieces of Overland Models brass locomotives and cabooses in their classic green boxes. Anyone seeing these items at a train show or swap meet should contact the Spokane Co Sheriff's office and refer to case #2018-10078179 Please spread the word, Thank you!

Date: 06/19/18 00:50
Author: SantaFeRuss

That's a dam shame. I hope all items are recovered.

SantaFeRuss

Date: 06/19/18 22:54
Author: milepost1208

Next train show in the somewhat local area is September 16th in Missoula,MT. My club is the host club. I’ll be sure to keep an eye out for Alaska stuff. I model a tiny bit of Alaska, most of which I custom painted over the last 15 years. -Mary in Thompson Falls,MT-

Posted from iPhone

Date: 06/20/18 07:21
Author: HB90MACH

Somebody. Or multiple had to know it was there. That is alot to take in one trip

Date: 06/20/18 14:56
Author: Hookdragkick

The thief knows the heat is on. He could easily soak models in alcohol and sell undec. models without boxes.

Date: 06/21/18 12:05
Author: bioyans

Hookdragkick Wrote:
> The thief knows the heat is on. He could easily
> soak models in alcohol and sell undec. models
> without boxes.

Very doubtful. If the person wasn't stealing the collection to keep for themself, they will likely want to turn it into cash ASAP.

Posted from Android

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0609 seconds