Home Open Account Help 317 users online

Model Railroading > Train Mountain, OR

Date: 06/20/18 10:26
Train Mountain, OR
Author: JeffZCT

Hi,
I am planning a trip out to OR in late August and would like to visit the club at train mountain while they are operating. Perhaps bum a ride or two.
Could someone with knowledge of the works PM me with some info on when the best time would be to make a visit.
Thank you in advance
Jeff Z

Date: 06/20/18 11:27
Re: Train Mountain, OR
Author: towazy

I don’t have any real info to share,hence the public reply. I did stop there on a weekday morning last June. It was quiet and I was told to just roam around at will. There was a gentleman there with a train who gave me...and my dog!...and the few other people who were there,younger families,a train ride,which was quite extensive. There as no charge for anything,but I did leave a donation at the office as I was leaving.

Tom

Date: 06/20/18 12:08
Author: TCnR

Plenty of info and dates:

http://www.trainmountain.org/

http://trainmtn.org/tmrr/

I would suspect the TO subscribers are busy in the field right now:

The 2018 Triennial is scheduled for:
Work week begins Saturday 6/16/2018 and ends Sunday 6/24/2018
Meet begins Monday 6/25/2018 and ends on Sunday 7/1/2018

http://trainmtn.org/tmrr/pages/tri_info.shtml

Date: 06/20/18 19:23
Author: Jeff

TM has a program for folks who want to get an idea about what we do. Weekdays between 1000 and 1500 hours visitors can come in the main gate and go to the office to sign in. Then they can do a self guided walking tour of the Central Station area and the many exhibits we have. We try to have a member available at this time to then offer a train tour of the nearby grounds. It is an all-volunteer place but we try to have guides available during these hours.

For other visiting times call our office weekdays to see what can be done to accommodate you at other times, the number is 541 783 3030. Calling a couple of days in advance is the best idea.

Check out our web pages at TMRR.org to learn the scheduled events currently planned. These times present good opportunities to visit.

Next week the Triennial gathering happens with many guests from all over the world. Around 1000 folks with hundreds of visiting trains are planned for. Follow the event signs from our front gate to the welcome gate and explain that you wish to take the museum tour, the volunteers will accommodate you.

It is likely to be hot and dry with strong sunshine so prepare yourself. Various nasty bugs are possible.

Hope to see you soon, Jeff Pape

Date: 06/20/18 21:30
Author: Harlock

Too bad you're just missing the Triennial next week, largest live steam gathering in the world.

-M

Mike Massee
Tehachapi, CA
Photography, Railroading and more..

Date: 06/21/18 06:50
Author: BAB

If you happen by on a weekend, Saturday is the day, the public side is open for rides on a little over 8000ft Memorial day thru Labor day. We run on part of TMs track and one can see some of TM while on the ride. So if its a Saturday we do offer rides so all is not lost, we have a snack shack providing food too.

And yes right now we are very busy getting ready for the big meet, many very tired people young and old are working on everything from track to weeds getting things done.

To anyone reading this and having the time we have day passes for the big meet starting next week so come by and enjoy the largest large scale meet in the world I think happening. Boyd in Chiloquin off to spend another day getting all in order at TM.

Date: 06/21/18 18:48
Author: WrongWayMurphy

I'll be there Tuesday afternoon through Sunday, on one of these.

Date: 06/21/18 19:00

Ok so look me up will be in the back shop and K&W diner at lunch time helping out. Would like to visit we have dog and burgers over there. Where are you parking your engines? Boyd

Date: 06/21/18 19:13
Author: WrongWayMurphy

BAB Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Ok so look me up will be in the back shop and K&W
> diner at lunch time helping out. Would like to
> visit we have dog and burgers over there. Where
> are you parking your engines? Boyd

track EY-19

Shane Murphy
Tyler, Tex.

Date: 06/22/18 06:05

Um hate to say it but the only one with a map is in the office. Will look it up had someone in the back shop wanting to know where his track was, we didn't know at all. Oh well soon all will be better, trains everywhere, people everywhere. lost trains, lost people too. But hey they all find there way home some how. Boyd off for another day at TM where the sky is blue and days are getting warmer.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0536 seconds