Home Open Account Help 336 users online

Model Railroading > Why no black & white?

Date: 09/05/02 04:23
Why no black & white?
Author: altoona-keith

With all the talk of picture posting (yea and I read Playboy for the articles too), I\'ve been experimenting with ways of making "historical" pictures of my fictional road with first generation diesels (this is not one of them). Anyone know how to give digital images the "bronze" look/tint of old B&W photographs?

Keith M.
Altoona, PA

Date: 09/05/02 07:03
Re: Why no black & white?
Author: Robbman

That is an awesome picture!! I would love to see more, even if they are in HO :) Black & white, and snow, no better combination.

Date: 09/05/02 08:21
Re: Why no black & white?
Author: alco-fan

I recently purchased a Pentax Optio230 digital camera - it has 3 colour modes - colour, black and white, and sepia. Sepia is the look that you are after, so perhaps there are other mfrs that do the same as Pentax??

BTW, that\'s a great picture!

Doug in Maple Ridge, BC

Date: 09/05/02 10:04
ya need a sepia setting
Author: espeeboy

Awesome model shot - the fuzzy noise helps but also makes it hard to work with in sepia mode (photoshop). Not too hard to do if ya have the sepia setting on a digicam. Otherwise its just photoshop touch-up.

SP2467 taken with digicam - no photoshop altering - all sepia setting on the camera! But to get both color and sepia - I like taking it in color - switching to grayscale, switching back to RGB or CMYK and then altering the color with some stronger yellow and magenta hues in the gray setting by going to "image -> adjust -> selective color" - and then work within the gray and white colors ONLY.

-Ryan aka "espeeboy"

on the ex-WP Oakland Sub MP11.2

Date: 09/05/02 16:14
Re: ya need a sepia setting
Author: altoona-keith

Got it. Thanks for the help.

Keith M.
Altoona, PA

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0377 seconds