Home Open Account Help 344 users online

Model Railroading > Off the Workbench At Last

Date: 08/11/18 14:01
Off the Workbench At Last
Author: icancmp193

When I am not building vehicle models for resale, I always try to have one going just for me and my (being built very slowly) bookshelf model railroad set in the early 70's. This little grain truck is a Sylvan Scale Models kit of an International VCO-190 cabover, which was manufactured from 1956 to 1972. It is pretty much stock, except I add mud flaps and use Micro Kristal Klear on my windows, because Sylvan provides some glazing material that is not very clear and is hard to work with. This was also my first experience with Valljo acryllic brush paints. At the recommendation of a customer, I bought a set on Amazon. Red is always a difficult color and theirs went on pretty well and they dry flat. I finished with Glosscote, then decaled, then Dullcote. These Sylvan kits are a lot of work but they have many cool 40's-60's car and truck models not available elsewhere. Enjoy!

TJY

Date: 08/11/18 15:31
Re: Off the Workbench At Last
Author: tracktime

Excellent work.  Nothing quite says 1970s local trucking like one of these rolling around the city streets.

Cheers,
Harry

Date: 08/11/18 18:43
Re: Off the Workbench At Last
Author: PHall

Sylvan Models kits are craftsman kits that require a craftsman to build them well. Good job!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0387 seconds