Home Open Account Help 247 users online

Model Railroading > Everyone needs a hobby 1:1 scale

Date: 08/11/18 19:04
Everyone needs a hobby 1:1 scale
Author: santafedan

The Indiana Live Steamers welcomed the annual Model A Ford Club at our place today.  There were 15 Model As here today.  Too bad we did not have a steam engine on the layout today.  At least one drove from 60 mile away.  

These were very nice folks and they enjoyed the train rides, too.

Date: 08/12/18 17:37
Re: Everyone needs a hobby 1:1 scale
Author: CPRR

At LALS we have a annual car show. The local Model A club comes, about 12-15 A’s, plus lots of general antique cars. Couple modern ones also. Like it when do it.

As for the steam locomotive, does the club own one?

Posted from iPhone

Date: 08/12/18 17:59
Author: santafedan

We have one member still learning how to operate his steam loco.  All of the others once on the ILS have gone to the great round house.  It seems to me that the younger members are not interested in all the work involved.  They would rather run what they see today.  At least they are willing to lay track!

CPRR Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> At LALS we have a annual car show. The local Model
> A club comes, about 12-15 A’s, plus lots of
> general antique cars. Couple modern ones also.
> Like it when do it.
>
> As for the steam locomotive, does the club own
> one?
>
> Posted from iPhone

Date: 08/13/18 07:25
Author: wag216

How, about s Stanley Steamer?wag216

Date: 08/14/18 19:22
Author: wabash2800

When my folks lived in Largo, Florida part of the year there was a once a month large scale railroad in the nearby park which I caught one time. I had a blast as they also had a tunnel and a trestle plua some live steam. Dad would not ride the train with me and made all kinds of excuses. I guess it was more of his loss. Mom did ride with me.

Victor A. Baird
http://www.erstwhilepublications.com

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0612 seconds