Home Open Account Help 252 users online

Model Railroading > Pulling the pin party for a pal

Date: 08/12/18 09:11
Pulling the pin party for a pal
Author: WrongWayMurphy

Gosh its been 9 years now since BNSF's Pat Hiatte retired from the railroad.
Pat was the main PR guy for BNSF in Fort Worth.  He came to the BN from his prior job
with the Frisco in Springfield MO.  He is a true gentleman, and an N scale modeler, and
modeled the MOP in Missouri on his home layout.  He happened to live very close to me
when we both lived in Argyle (Texas) and was part of our operating group on my HO railroad. 

So when he retired, myself and MKT103 put together a special train for him to run the length
of my railroad, Denison to Fort Worth. He was surprised, and quite happy to make the run. 
Soon after, he sold his house in Argyle and moved back to his boyhood stomping grounds in Missouri. 

He writes often for the Cowcatcher magazine, and my guess is he is in KC for the NMRA event this weekend.

Thats how we do things here.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/12/18 09:12 by WrongWayMurphy.

Date: 08/12/18 10:33
Re: Pulling the pin party for a pal
Author: brfriedm

Congrats. I have seen this done at many places all over the country so it's not unique to Texas LOL.

Bruce

Date: 08/12/18 11:25
Author: Frisco1522

Wow, with MP engines? LOL.   Pat is one of the good guys.  Always enjoyed seeing him.

Date: 08/12/18 11:59
Author: WrongWayMurphy

Frisco1522 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Wow, with MP engines? LOL.   Pat is one of the
> good guys.  Always enjoyed seeing him.

He grew up with the MOP and even while working for BN, modeled the MOP as well.
We discussed that, and decided a MOP train would be more appealing to him than BN.

Date: 08/12/18 17:34
Author: tomstp

Great way to celebrate.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0353 seconds