Home Open Account Help 169 users online

Model Railroading > Greenville Chip Dimensions

Date: 11/20/02 13:44
Greenville Chip Dimensions
Author: jwr123

Was just curious, but does anyone know the exterior width, height and length of greenville chip hoppers. I think the length is a little shy of 70\'??

Date: 11/20/02 14:07
Re: Greenville Chip Dimensions
Author: jwr123

While searching for info on my above question I found out that Walthers is planning on releasing the Greenville Chip Hopper in March of 2003. When did they announce this and has anyone seen what the model looks like? Cant wait to get my hands on several of them!!!!!!!!

Date: 11/20/02 15:55
Author: brfriedm

Here is a picture of the Walthers announcement for the woodchip car. It is exciting. The cars are due in March 2003 and are $19.95@. CSX, MP, NS, UP, Seaboard, KCS, Southern, Georgia Pacific are the road names. 3 numbers per road.

http://www.walthers.com/exec/newproducts/cr/200210/Freight

Also, Delta Models is doing a higher end detailed kit of this car, so you have choices.

http://www.deltamodels.bigstep.com/

Hope this helps.

Bruce Friedman

Date: 11/20/02 19:50
Author: emdgealc

wasn\'t LBF going to do or did a Greenville car?

Date: 11/20/02 22:46
Author: csxt4617

emdgealc wrote:

> wasn\'t LBF going to do or did a Greenville car?

I asked him (Fred) about that at the MRIA show.
He said he had planned on doing them sometime
soon, but I haven\'t seen any kind of official
announcement, so I don\'t know if it is just
wishful thinking, or if he actually does intend
to do them.

Date: 11/21/02 05:24
Author: NSTopHat

The problem with the Delta Model is that it has been in the works for at least two years, if not longer, and am wondering when I\'ll see the two that I ordered long ago.

NSTopHat

Date: 11/21/02 21:25
Author: TopcoatSmith

I ordered a pair of the Delta\'s as well, I thought their announcement for an AB-6 kit would be cool too but like WP carshops and numerous others all we have are "vapor trains".

TCS

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0405 seconds