Home Open Account Help 229 users online

Model Railroading > Kato HO Scale Uni-Track??

Date: 09/28/18 10:24
Kato HO Scale Uni-Track??
Author: BNSF3888

Hi, I need some advice on the purchase of Kato HO Uni-Track. This is what I want to do. I want to construct the smallest uni-track circle for speed matching locomotives in consisit. I would like to be able to fit the track on a 4x4 sheet of plywood.

What size track and how many packages would I need.

Look forward to your replies.

Thanks,

William

Date: 09/28/18 10:54
Re: Kato HO Scale Uni-Track??
Author: grahamline

https://www.katousa.com/HO/Unitrack/boxedsets.html
Look at the HV5 set at the bottom -- you would be left with extra straights but would havea circle on a 4x4 panel. Or, you could find a shop that stocks track pieces on their dealers list and just buy a circle.

Date: 09/28/18 15:01
Author: seod

I have somewhat what you want but mine is on a 4 x 7 piece of plywood. I used the 550 mm 21 5/8" curves part #2-210 and it works great and fits just right on a 4' section of plywood. There are 4 sections of curves in each pack so you would need 4 packages to make a complete circle. The only problem you will have is the power conection as the feeder track is a straight only. They do have power clip rail joiners but I have heard about mixed results with those. You could always just solder some wires to the rails. I would just make your plywood maybe 4 x 5 and use 2 straights one the feeder track. I use mine a lot when I am breaking in a engine befroe I program it.

Scott O'Dell 

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/28/18 15:03 by seod.

Date: 09/28/18 18:39
Author: BNSF3888

Thanks for quick replies and information.

William

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0463 seconds