Home Open Account Help 348 users online

Model Railroading > Just my opinion...

Date: 10/08/18 11:49
Just my opinion...
Author: hartrick24

I just finished giving positive feedback to some of my favorite ebay sellers. I went to the Neutral and Negative sides to take a look. Some of the buyes are total knuckelheads.
They give dings for the postoffice delays, another was after 2 weeks the double A batteries went bad. It must be hard selling, thats why I'll never do it. As a seller what is some of the things people complain about thats out of your control...

Steve H...

Date: 10/08/18 12:48
Re: Just my opinion...
Author: icancmp193

Most model railroad buyers are pretty decent people. I have 1 unjust negative feedback (out of 9,996) that will go away in December.
The Seller's greatest enemy is E-Bay itself. Increasing fees have been an issue. E-Bay also holds the Seller responsible when the Post Office (or other carrier) fails to scan or is late delivering. And, we recently lost a substantal discount for not allowing "unlimited returns" (i.e. no questions asked). The next pending nuisance is that they are phasing in a new payment system that is not PayPal. In theory, all Sellers will all have to be on it within 3 years. I hope to be out by then.

TJY

Date: 10/08/18 12:53
Author: ESPEE5318

Yep it sucks for sellers too, it really sucks when you do everything right and end up out $$$, I have a buyer right now wanting to return something that there was absolutely nothing wrong with it when it left my hands. What condition am I going to get it back? Am I even going to get back what I sent him? I even have to pay shipping back to me. How much am I going to be out of when all is said and done? The guy can hit my feedback, and I can't do anything about it because only buyers can leave feedback.  Ebay keeps coming up with crazier polices trying to be Amazon like , but Amazon has the $$$ and employees to do these great services they offer , Ebay expects sellers to fund/provide these services for free.    

Date: 10/08/18 14:41
Author: Bucyrus-Erie

hartrick24 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
 Some of
> .... the buyes are total knuckelheads.....
>   Steve H...

Buyers giving me a ding for shipping costs. The cost of shipping is clearing stated in my ad, I only charge the buyer for the actual cost of shipping, and I enable the shipper's printing of the shipping cost on the customer's shipping label. Still, they've complained.

But, its been my experience that .... model railroaders are a bunch of nice, honest folks.

Date: 10/08/18 16:10
Author: EmpireBuilder

We can only charge the actual price for shipping as stated, but we are also charged 13% on that, so we lose 13% on the shipping + the materials to do it.

Date: 10/08/18 17:01
Author: Larry020

I was searching for rechargeable batteries.  I researched a sellers most recent negative feedback.  Buyer complaint was that seller had ignored several emails.  Seller offered overnight delivery, yet still no product was delivered. 

The auction had ended at ten pm on Sunday.  The negative feedback was posted the next day.  

The buyer was clearly an idiot, but now the seller will receive flak. 

ʎɹɹɐ˥

Date: 10/08/18 17:50
Author: DRGW483

I once had a sale that came in about 10 in the morning. At about 1 PM, the buyer contacts me asking me why his tracking doesn’t show anything.

I explained that the box is packed up and ready to go. The tracking doesn’t work until sometime after it is scanned at the post office.

He responds, “Why isn’t it already GONE?”

I replied that it is 1 PM, and the mailman doesn’t even come to pick up the mail until around 4 PM.

His reply was, “oh”.

Posted from iPhone

Date: 10/08/18 19:47
Author: SandPatch1

I can add that I to gave up the micro discount on fee's but not offering no reason "returns".. Got tired of people buying DVD's and books and then sending them back for a EBAY endorsed refund. Got tired of being a Library to cheap fans..

Date: 10/09/18 03:07
Author: Hartington

A question about the USPS.   I should add I live in the UK.

Do they come and pick up daily or do some people only get a collection on certain days?

Date: 10/09/18 05:18
Author: Spoony81

Hartington Wrote:
> A question about the USPS.   I should add I live
> in the UK.
>
> Do they come and pick up daily or do some people
> only get a collection on certain days?

Daily except Sunday. They have started doing Sunday only deliveries thought

Posted from iPhone

Date: 10/09/18 09:20
Author: nydepot

Not limited to ebay. Ever read reviews for just about anything?

1 star - "Shirt is red and I hate red."
Fiction book, clearly marked as fiction "I hated this book as I hate reading fiction." 
1 star - Overall a nice place to eat. Was looking for Italian though.

Date: 10/09/18 20:15
Author: wabash2800

I think the feedback thing is broken. For example, if I berate a buyer for a good reason, he can come right back and berate me, correct?--even if his claim has no basis. For those of us that want to keep our 100% rating, we have to grit our teeth sometimes.

Victor A. Baird
http://www.erstwhilepublications.com

Date: 10/10/18 07:07
Author: CajonRat

On Eb&y, Can sellers refuse to transact with certain buyers?

Date: 10/10/18 17:31
Author: wabash2800

Yes, absolutely. And the buyer will get a message that he can not bid on the sellers items.

Victor A. Baird
http://www.erstwhilepublications.com

CajonRat Wrote:
> On Eb&y, Can sellers refuse to transact with
> certain buyers?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/10/18 18:38 by wabash2800.

Date: 10/13/18 12:41
Author: SD45X

I buy a bunch of slides off eBay. This year, I picked up a couple that weren’t shown factually, ie too bright a light behind them to make them visible. One character claimed he doesn’t sell bad stuff. It was almost black when I got it. 40 of his slides were ok stuff until this one. I have positive feedback but 2 stars for that description being poor. Next thing you know I get a notification of refund.
It was a dollar slide but he lost my negative note. And he was mad at me.
Two days later another guy another black slide. Same thing.

Both had been asked questions before bidding and I still got crap slides.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0542 seconds