Home Open Account Help 263 users online

Model Railroading > Williams Diesel Engine noise

Date: 02/08/19 16:59
Williams Diesel Engine noise
Author: MopacMan

I have a noise on my Williams diesel O scale engines that is defying my attempts to diagnose.  When the engines come to a stop after traveling forward, they squeak.  I have carefully oiled that axles and greased the drive gears.  Loosening the screw that fastens each motor into the truck did not help (thinking it might have been too tight).   The noise has now happened on an F7 and an SD45. 
Any suggestions?

Date: 02/08/19 18:44
Re: Williams Diesel Engine noise
Author: wjpyper

I have 6 Williams locos. 2 GP-9s, 2 GP-38s, 1 GP-7 and a BL-2. No squeaks from any of them. Want to buy some?
Bill Pyper
Salem, Oregon

Date: 02/08/19 19:41

Not in the market for more.  Just trying to fix a problem.

Date: 02/09/19 03:54
Author: acltrainman

Could be brake squeal, maybe?

Stanley Jackowski
Valrico, FL

Date: 02/09/19 07:00

No.  There are no electronic sound boards in these engines.  The noise sounds like metal on metal. 

Date: 02/09/19 07:05
Author: BAB

Rough to find have found on one of my MMI steamers but hey I have mechaical squeeks on my Accucraft box cars the brake rigging works well, cars will not roll free and some squeek. Soon to be on ebay for sale have two cases of them they come with coulpler knuckle spring that one could use on there car.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0399 seconds