Home Open Account Help 208 users online

Model Railroading > Two From PSMR

Date: 03/23/19 05:52
Two From PSMR
Author: igarrett

Managed to leave the Nikon at home, but a couple from the Prairie Scale Model Railroad club last night.  There was a good turnout, and BNSF and its predecessors seemed to take over. 

So as a side note, I was always nervous to start weathering, but after lots (and lots) of reading and videos, I finally made the plunge.  Now it's my new favorite part of the hobby.  Next up on the bench, another 5 pack of well cars.  As a side note, is there a way to remove dullcote from windows without ruining the plastic?  Rookie mistake...

1. BNSF 5849 works the east end of Quincy
2. Rounding the bend just after Jaynsville on the way to Madison with a short double stack.

Date: 03/23/19 08:45
Re: Two From PSMR
Author: ghemr

Very sharp looking locomotives on a quality model railroad layout!

Date: 03/23/19 10:06
Author: bnsftall

Haha, yeah it turned into quite the BNSF show last night. Fun times.
Great shots!

dt

Date: 03/24/19 13:54
Author: cabman

You can remove Dullcoat on windows by coating them with Pledge Future acrylic polish.  I also learned the hard way!

Date: 03/24/19 16:33
Author: PHall

Of course if you want to model dirty windows, leave the dullcote on.
If you make a mask that matches the arc left by the windshield wipers you can model dirty windshields with the areas wiped by the wipers being the only clean areas too.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0309 seconds