Home Open Account Help 343 users online

Model Railroading > Chicago area Model RR Open House

Date: 04/11/19 07:01
Chicago area Model RR Open House
Author: ghemr

If you're in the Chicago area this weekend you're invited to the Elmhurst Model RR Club's Open House! We'll be open three days to celebrate the 50th Anniversary of the club. We have three layouts (HO, N and HOn3), free convenient parking and Metra's commuter trains stop directly across the street from our location. The town of Elmhurst feature plenty of nearby restaurants, pubs and of course for railfans the Union Pacific's mainline (ex CNW) to Omaha.

Within a 20 mile radius are at least six hobby shops that cater to model railroaders. Additionally the Great American Train Show in Wheaton is this Sunday---that's about 12 miles from Elmhurst.

Hope to see you here!   http://emrrc.org/

PS  Feel free to message me for any additional information...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/11/19 08:11 by ghemr.

Date: 04/11/19 08:47
Re: Chicago area Model RR Open House
Author: hartrick24

All of that sounds like 7th. heaven. Wish I could make it. Saving my money for a trip to see the UP 4014 in May...

Steve H...

Date: 04/11/19 21:27
Author: inCHI

It is certainly worth stopping by! ghemr gave me a tour and was running some of his nicely detailed and weathered models and it is an excellent model railroad.

Date: 04/13/19 18:16
Author: towazy

Stopped by today,first visit in many years! 

They’ve added a separate narrow gauge layout. Also an N gauge in a separate room,which I don’t recall being there the first time I was there,but I could be wrong because it was many years ago. All in all a very nice visit and three good looking layouts. 

Tom

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0396 seconds