Home Open Account Help 285 users online

Model Railroading > ATSF 3751 leads BNSF 3751 on a baretable

Date: 04/17/19 18:04
ATSF 3751 leads BNSF 3751 on a baretable
Author: MrMRL

Well I can post the video directly from my iPhone, but Apple’s iOS software and Trainorders servers won’t let me upload the photos... Those will have to wait until I get home late tonight. Until then, enjoy this video clip!

OK pics are up now... Got a couple others that need some depth of field merging work, that'll wait a day or two...

Mr. MRL

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/18/19 02:24 by MrMRL.

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 04/17/19 18:10
Re: ATSF 3751 leads BNSF 3751 on a p.o.s. baretable
Author: fbe

P.O.S.? You mean they still don't stop when loaded or mty? Then the TM barks at you for setting 26 pounds of air causing too much brake shoe wear? Nothing has changed in 30 years or so, eh?

Date: 04/17/19 19:28
Author: Hookdragkick

I thought a Full Service was the perferred way to stop a baretable and limit Dynamic Brake wear...

Date: 04/17/19 20:03

There was always a split reduction. A minimum reduction of 7-10 lbs then full service reduction of 26 psi. If the rails or wheels were wet or you didn't have time to warm them there was always the Big Split reduction. That is 26 psi then 90 psi.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/17/19 21:08 by fbe.

Date: 04/17/19 20:30
Author: MojaveBill

I run IPhone pix through a photo editing program and then upload them with no problems...

Bill Deaver
Tehachapi, CA

Date: 04/17/19 22:03
Author: Hookdragkick

Lol@ Big Split Reduction. On a more serious not, as of late, I cannot play TO videos on my phone. I have to download first. Smh.

Date: 04/17/19 22:30

There are two ways to get from the 26# set and the 90# set. The most common is to go from the full service position to the emergency position. If you can plan ahead and there is time you go from full service to handle off to get the penalty brake application and ride that to a 90# application.

All the things not taught in engineer's training classrooms. Can we program these splits into DCC throttles?

See what happens when Robby leaves us alone all afternoon and evening?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/17/19 22:36 by fbe.

Date: 04/17/19 23:19
Author: MrMRL

MojaveBill Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I run IPhone pix through a photo editing program
> and then upload them with no problems...

I do the same, on my home computer. I am unaware of a photo editing program that provides the ability modify the file format to successfully upload image files to Trainorders directly through my iPhone.

Mr. MRL (on my iPhone as I type this...)

Date: 04/19/19 10:23
Author: inCHI

NIce photos. In regards to the phone issue, I sometimes teach high school projects where each group of 3-4 students uses one of their phones to record video. These are all sorts of phones, whatever they have. The only issue I ever encounter are the video codecs of newer iPhones, which are codecs that Apple created for their own purposes of compressing video and have not otherwise been widely adopted. So those videos require tedious conversation to common formats so that editing programs can understand them and display them. Only the most updated software would be able to handle it, and in my context, we can't update software that easily.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0379 seconds