Home Open Account Help 310 users online

Model Railroading > New EMD G12 model from a Brazilian company

Date: 05/18/19 21:41
New EMD G12 model from a Brazilian company
Author: inCHI

I stumbled across a new model of a EMD G12 from Premo Models in Brazil that seems to be made "from an OEM" in China.

http://premamodels.com.br/fotos.htm

It seems notable as the first RTR higher-quality locomotive out of Brazil, although, since I don't speak Portugese, I could be missing something. But from what I've found there is mass-market Frateschi, which makes simple and sometimes out of scale models, and aside from that, there are just small speciality producers of resin shells or small scale productions. I've made an EMD G22 out of a Hobbytec Modelismo resin shell. I find a higher quality RTR G12 significant because there are many EMD, GE, or Alco export models that were produced in large numbers and purchased by dozens of railways around the world. The G12 B-B version was made for Australia, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Egypt, Israel, Iran, Hong Kong, Mexico, the Netherlands, South Korea, Nigeria, Norway, Sri Lanka, and Venezuela. The A1A model would cover even more countries. I might be ordering one of these and if so I'll post images of it. 

If Premo started to make other Brazilian Prototypes like the G22, a G26, or a U20C, those also are widely used around the world. I'd really like to see G26C models.

Date: 05/19/19 12:21
Re: New EMD G12 model from a Brazilian company
Author: ts1457

Thanks for passing this on.

If you figure out how to order, prices, and exactly what they are producing, please keep us updated. 

If the company produced an NdeM version or an undecorated one which was suitable for NdeM, I certainly would have to give serious consideration to an acquisition.

Interestingly, the first few NdeM got were the A1A-A1A version, but it converted those trucks to B within a few years. Subsequent orders were B-B. NdeM also had some variety between orders in the cabs and whether the units had DB.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0445 seconds