Home Open Account Help 374 users online

Model Railroading > Help Finding Athearn DRGW F7s

Date: 06/12/03 20:10
Help Finding Athearn DRGW F7s
Author: BJRubino

Hi all,

I need a favor...I am looking for an A/B set of the Athearn Genesis D&RGW F7 units. I need the set that has the road numbers: 5641 & 5642...the set is item number G1502. Athearn made 2 sets, G1502A & G1502B...I am not sure which one it actually is...I have G1502A, but according to the Athearn web site, the units I have are the ones from the G1502B set... Anyway, if you see D&RGW 5641 & 5642 in your local hobby shop, or know where I can get a set, please e-mail me at: BJRubino@msn.com
I really would appreciate it!!!

BJR

Date: 06/13/03 07:00
Re: Help Finding Athearn DRGW F7s
Author: wabash2800

Go to the Walthers website and use the advanced search to find hobby shops that ordered these in the past. Use the emails posted to contact them. You may have to make 6 to 8 emails but I\'ve hit pay dirt for everything I\'ve looked for in the past. That\'s how I found two DRG&W A\'s for a friend that Genesis had produced 6 months ago. We found them in a hobby shop in Illinois. And many of the shops sell below retail!

Date: 06/13/03 10:37
Author: BJRubino

Thanks for the tip...I tried that, but no luck so far...

BJR

Date: 06/13/03 12:58
Author: skyview

Try Caboose Hobbies in Denver, being CO and a HUGE store might just have it. # should be in back of MR!

Date: 06/13/03 13:05
Author: wabash2800

BJRubino wrote:

> Thanks for the tip...I tried that, but no luck so far...
>
> BJR

Give it a day or two for replies to your emails. It always works for me.

Date: 06/13/03 22:27
Try - All Aboard
Author: Big John

Model RR shop in Torrance, CA. they had a bunch of Genesis F\'s for non-So-Cal schemes the other day when I was in there.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.034 seconds