Home Open Account Help 327 users online

Model Railroading > Athearn's GP60m/b's

Date: 07/16/03 09:34
Athearn's GP60m/b's
Author: cgrubb80

Does anyone know when these engines will be released? I ordered two yesterday from Standard Hobby even though they aren\'t in stock yet and looking forward to getting them. All the overtime here at work does payoff. :) Thanks.
Charles
Las Cruces Area

Date: 07/16/03 11:49
Re: Athearn's GP60m/b's
Author: UP4306

Hey Charles,
I have had good luck with Caboose Hobbies in Denver.
Over the years I have recieved all I have put on reserve there. I have also purchased much from Standard Hobbies. However their lack of flexability has not allowed me to purchase from them anymore. Caboose maybe alittle higher in price but service is sometimes worth alittle more.
How did the GP-60M railpower kits you were building turn out?
David

Date: 07/16/03 12:18
Author: cgrubb80

I will wait and see if Standard Hobby will come through. I have not touched the GP60m kits I have. Since Athearn is releasing them I was thinking of painting them into a paint scheme I have dreamed up. I have a scheme for the Dallas Cowboys colors but haven\'t decided on a railroad name yet. I want it to be something to do with the southwest.
Charles
Las Cruces Area

UP4306 wrote:

> Hey Charles,
> I have had good luck with Caboose Hobbies in Denver.
> Over the years I have recieved all I have put on reserve
> there. I have also purchased much from Standard Hobbies.
> However their lack of flexability has not allowed me to
> purchase from them anymore. Caboose maybe alittle higher in
> price but service is sometimes worth alittle more.
> How did the GP-60M railpower kits you were building turn
> out?
> David
>
> [%sig%]

Date: 07/16/03 12:21
Author: SANTAFESTEVE

Sooner than you can Imagine. And they are "LOOKIN GOOD"!!!!!!!!!! I was fondling some yesterday afternoon.

Date: 07/16/03 12:54
Author: BCM

SANTAFESTEVE wrote:
> Sooner than you can Imagine...

Sorry but that time passed back in May when the second Athearn announced delivery date passed... (first delivery date had been early 2003)

If they are delivered with factory applied grab irons (as the same priced Athearn SD50s are supposed to have) then I might buy a few. Otherwise I\'ll only buy one when the opportunity to get one for less than $50 comes around...

- BCM

Date: 07/17/03 12:19
Author: santafesteve

TO BCM, where ever you are,who ever you are, and (or) what ever you are. I beg of you, I pleade of you, I get down on my knees to you. DO NOT BUY ANY OF THE GP60\'s, M\'s or B\'s or SD50\'s. PLEASE, PLEASE,, OH PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE DO NOT BUY ANY OF THE GP60\'s or SD70,s for what ever price you are able to find them for. Or for a matter of fact, any other Athearn product you dislike or find fault with. This will leave all the more for us who appricate what these model manufactures try to do and do the best they can with what they have to work with, for us MODELERS who can Basicly Can Model.

Date: 07/17/03 19:25
to crgrubb80
Author: WrongWayMurphy

How about JerryRail?

Silver & blue with a star on the cab,
and JERRYRAIL in big letters along
the long hood.

Oh, and AMEN to santafesteve\'s last post

Date: 07/18/03 14:19
Re: To Santafesteve...
Author: BCM

Sorry Steve but I\'ve already ordered a few of the Athearn RTR SD50s... They sound as if they will be excellently detailed units.

It\'s a shame the smaller but just as expensive GP60Ms and GP60Bs will not be detailed as well as those SD50s. Seems as if at the same price the GP60Ms should be at least close to the same level of detail. I guess Athearn realizes that the flashy Santa Fe and BNSF paint will prompt people to pay extra without them having to bother with doing the details. It only makes sense to profit more when you can.

- BCM

Date: 07/18/03 21:08
Author: sd80mac

Steve,

I don\'t think he got it.

-sd80mac-

Date: 07/19/03 12:47
Author: santafesteve

NO, and he never will.
You know, I wasn\'t sure until now why other people say that BCM stands for. He Basicly Can\'t Model.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0472 seconds