Home Open Account Help 319 users online

Model Railroading > Kimball Iron Works more pix

Date: 07/14/19 16:20
Kimball Iron Works more pix
Author: railstiesballast

Here are three more images of Kimball Iron Works on my HO Southwestern Pacific.
The name is my Mother's family name, her Father was an Agent on the Northern Pacific, and Kimball is also the name of one Brother (also a TO member) and of a good friend.
First is a yard job pulling a car out of the west annex, this track goes into the wall a bit and the door is always open, it is an active spur track.
Second is a wider view, with the Fabrication Shop and the Warehouse metal buildings and the Engineering Department on the right, the masonry building.  The dummy flat is visible under the slightly open door.
Third is the area at night.  The suggestion for this came from a night trip north on the Coast Starlight, passing a big fabrication shop near Tacoma.  The interior lights shadowed the "X" bracing and an arc welder was working.
I have a poor "arc welder" simulation in the shop but it is a sorry thing, just flashing blue and white LEDs.  When I first built it an European arc welder simulator was installed that was far superior however it failed.   Can anyone recommend a really good arc welder simulation?
Thanks for looking.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/14/19 16:23 by railstiesballast.

Date: 07/14/19 17:11
Re: Kimball Iron Works more pix
Author: gp60

Nice work.

Date: 07/14/19 18:34
Author: atsf121

That looks great, especially the night time lighting, wow!

Nathan

Date: 07/14/19 19:11
Author: DKay

Beautiful.Very convincing little scene.
Regards,DK

Date: 07/14/19 19:14
Author: King_Coal

Neat seen. Put a few more deciduous trees on there and it would look like Western Pennsylvania. That's a compliment :-)

Date: 07/14/19 19:42
Author: Jimmies

Very good.  Thanks for posting these.  Looks like some pretty nifty trackwork in the area.

Jim

Date: 07/15/19 08:42
Author: Westbound

Looks like a track crossing in the street right in front of the Kimball industry. That and your Santa Fe locomotive reminds me of the ATSF industrial trackage in Oakland, CA just a few blocks from the now gone SP Western Div building on Wood Street. Great trackwork, but then you do have experience!

Date: 07/15/19 18:42
Author: inCHI

The night lighting is excellent.

Date: 07/23/19 16:28
Author: Sasquatch

I like how 3-dimensional your backdrop painting looks...really well done!

-Tom

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0421 seconds