Home Open Account Help 326 users online

Model Railroading > A few more Evanston Free-mo Pics

Date: 07/23/19 05:14
A few more Evanston Free-mo Pics
Author: grandeguy

Here are a few more pics from Evanston. 2 of a Athearn Desert Storm SD40R I did some weathering and paint additions to as well as a picture of the Evanston Roundhouse where we setup.

Dave Dane

Date: 07/23/19 09:02
Re: A few more Evanston Free-mo Pics
Author: rnb3

Hey Dave!  Once again you guys should be proud!  I look forward to your roundhouse meet pictures every year.

Rick Bacon
Windsor, CO

Date: 07/23/19 10:51
Author: atsf121

Thanks for posting some photos. I had hoped to sneak out to Evanston but there just wasn’t enough time to see everything that week. Were you part of the setup at the NTS? My son and I enjoyed that layout along with the FreemoN.

Nathan

Posted from iPhone

Date: 07/23/19 18:53
Author: SimpleMoMike

Here is an artistic attempt at showing the entire layout at Evanston during the NTS. I was part of the Free-mo setup at NTS and was able to visit the Evanston layout with a couple of friends. I was blessed to be able to run a train on their layout and would like to extend a big thanks to everyone for letting us run a train in such a beautiful building. I was very impressed with the setup, the information I learned about their operations and the guys who guided us through their layout. 

Michael Mickens
Rialto, CA

Date: 07/23/19 19:01
Author: SimpleMoMike

Here is my two MTH engines pulling approximately 20 cars across a single track section of the Evanston layout.

Michael Mickens
Rialto, CA

Date: 07/24/19 05:14
Author: grandeguy

Michael thanks for posting your photos...............................It was pretty cool that there were 2 large Free-mo setups within 80 miles of each other. Thanks for coming up.

Dave Dane (Mountain States Free-mo)

Date: 07/24/19 11:18
Author: OregonOldGuy

grandeguy Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Michael thanks for posting your
> photos...............................It was pretty
> cool that there were 2 large Free-mo setups within
> 80 miles of each other. Thanks for coming up.
>
>
>                          
>                        Dave
> Dane (Mountain States Free-mo)

Yes, a real treat for any that could be there.  I like that they had return loops at both ends.  All the free-mo set up I have seen in the past were point to point.  Sorry I had to miss the convention, etc. due to surgery recovery.

Rob

Date: 07/28/19 10:47
Author: fbe

I brought a few trains to run over the modules, almost all new power to get some run time before I start fiddling with them.

MILW 156 caught a lot of attention account the white unit was so clean. Given the unit was Bicentennial for only 2 years, got a complete repaint while in that service and was washed up for a number of public displays during that time it might not be far off. The wheels will get blackened a bit for sure. The beacon and white class lights in the blue field are nice touches.

MRL power is not common on J trains through Montana though it is not impossible if the Boeings are switched out of a KCKPAS train at Laurel for priority handling. The new Walthers Proto ACe units are strong pullers and run smoothly. The Boeing flats, idlers with boxes and fuselages are from Protoloads and no longer available.

Finally, a MILW unit grain train! The reality was grain going to the PNW for export was 25 or more hoppers tacked onto the rear of a freight train. The customers got a unit train rate and the MILW mainline took a horrible beating and slack action to the caboose and midtrain helpers could be brutal.

The grain cars are a mix of Athearn originals and new run, Exactrail, Tangent, Intermountain and Proto. There is a pretty wide range of colors given MILW used a known Federal Standard color.
Alan

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 07/28/19 11:42 by fbe.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0493 seconds