Home Open Account Help 348 users online

Model Railroading > When Little Joe meets real little Joe

Date: 08/03/19 20:56
When Little Joe meets real little Joe
Author: tc

Had to go to Missoulia today so brought my N scale little joe to meet the sights of the real Milwaukee road. First a visit to Deer Lodge

Date: 08/03/19 20:57
Re: When Little Joe meets real little Joe
Author: tc

Then on to Missoulia Milwaukee Road depot and on the way back had to stop at Gold Creek for a visit to the power station.

Date: 08/03/19 21:25
Author: boejoe

Wow!  What a comparison.  Totally missed the model in photo #1 until I saw the enlargement in #2.  I was then on the lookout for it in subsequent shots.  Enjoy your model.

Date: 08/03/19 22:45
Author: fbe

You couldn't miss the caboose in Deer Lodge but have you seen the bay window caboose in Three Forks. There is an extended vision caboose painted Milwaukee alongside the tracks in Bonner. The Treasure Chest has a pretty good stock of N scale equipment they might have some n scale ribside cabooses left.

The museum at Ft Missoula off Reserve St has the wooden depot from Drummond restored in MILW orange and maroon paint and the old ACM Willamette 3 truck geared locomotive stuffed and mounted.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/04/19 08:58 by fbe.

Date: 08/04/19 08:36
Author: mile250

A Girl Scout visiting the San Luis Obispo Railroad Museum this spring poses with the museum's HO model of a Plymouth 20-ton gas mechanical switching locomotive, in front of the museum's full-size #2038, assigned in 1941 to Camp Roberts and acquired by the museum in 2018 after it had three different owners in Northern California.
Glen Matteson, Archivist
SLORRM

Date: 08/04/19 09:31
Author: PasadenaSub

Very cool, Tim.  The difference in size is amazing!

Rich

Date: 08/04/19 14:10
Author: CSX602

Nice comparison!

The N scale model should be about 1/160 the length, height, and width of the prototype... thus easy to miss when sitting on the prototype.

Date: 08/04/19 14:21
Author: goneon66

that little joe is neat.  could you post a closer image of the little beast on the model railroading forum?  i'd like a closer look at the detail of it...........

thanks, 

Date: 08/09/19 14:45
Author: UP3806

Volume of the model to the prototype is about 1: 4,000,000!

Tom

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0463 seconds