Home Open Account Help 326 users online

Model Railroading > ScaleTrains Multi-Max demo run at the CSMRC open house today

Date: 11/16/19 16:41
ScaleTrains Multi-Max demo run at the CSMRC open house today
Author: MrMRL

I had the privilege to run a quartet of ScaleTrains brand new Rivet Counter Multi-Max auto carriers on the back of my vehicle train during the open house festivities today at the California Southern in Norwalk, CA. Truely amazing models! 

Several iPhone pics below snapped just a few minutes ago...

Date: 11/16/19 16:43
Re: ScaleTrains Multi-Max demo run at the CSMRC open house today

Few more rosters.

~ Mr. MRL

Date: 11/16/19 18:49
Author: prr4828

Sharp looking models!

For the older cars, was any modifications required to run them in a unit train mode?

Thanks,

* JB *

Date: 11/16/19 21:28
Author: atsf121

While they are too new for the era I model, they sure look great!

Posted from iPhone

Date: 11/16/19 22:44

prr4828 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> For the older cars, was any modifications required
> to run them in a unit train mode?
>

Not exactly sure what you're specifically asking about JB, but the ScaleTrains models seen above at the back of my train are factory, straignt out of the packaging, with stock metal wheels and ScaleTrains couplers.  The Athearn RTR Articulated Auto-Max models also have their stock metal wheel sets, but Kadee #119 metal couplers replacing the stock plastic ones provided.

~ Mr. MRL

Date: 11/17/19 00:10
Author: Hookdragkick

Looking sharp! When you get yours, post a stack/auto/DP shot. 

Date: 11/17/19 05:24
Author: glendale

I thought I recognized that train on facebook. Looks great!

Date: 11/17/19 06:40
Author: shadetree

They look great!!  I have one minor thing I noticed.  They look like the coupled distance bewteen them is a little too much.  The drawbars are maybe too long.

Eng.Shadetree

Date: 11/17/19 11:12
Author: CSX602

Overall the ST models look excellent and even the lower detailed Operator version looks good (in the photo they now have on their site).   The only thing I see wrong with those ST Rivet Counter level MultiMax racks is that the ladders and brake rigging are unpainted plastic that unfortunately doesn't exactly match...   Those details would look better if painted to match (in metal or plastic).   Hope the production runs have them painted to match the side colors instead of being flesh toned bare plastic.

BTW the spacing between MultiMax cars seems a little greater on the prototypes than on prior types of autoracks too... Perhaps they have greater cushioning distance.   In the model photos above the curvature adds to the apparent gap making that gap look greater (on outside of curve) than if the cars were on straight track.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 11/18/19 08:15 by CSX602.

Date: 11/17/19 22:29
Author: SantaFeRuss

Those new Multi-Max autoracks look good to me. Coupler/drawbars look ok.The drawbars on newer autoracks are longer on the prototypes.  Can't wait until mine come in! Good job Scale Trains.

SantaFeRuss

Date: 11/19/19 00:00
Author: ajgreen

Looks great Robby. Be good to see them in the flesh when they make it down under.

Hows the layout development going? Any more progress on the scenery?

Allister

Blenheim.
New Zealand.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0489 seconds