Home Open Account Help 376 users online

Model Railroading > My two B36's arrived at the LHS yesterday......

Date: 11/17/19 19:17
My two B36's arrived at the LHS yesterday......
Author: navarch2

I'll open them today....one BCR - one Undec...I'll post pictures tomorrow.....it was a work day today :(

The undec is weird.....the body shell in in three colord....a Conrail Blue  long hood, white underfarme and pilots, and black cab........So I'll need to put a coat of Mr Surfacer Primer on everything before painting the unit. 

Bob

Date: 11/17/19 19:49
Re: My two B36's arrived at the LHS yesterday......
Author: fbe

Lucky you.

If it is not too much work could you keep us posted on disassembly, masking and reassembly for the undecorated unit.

Thanks

Date: 11/18/19 17:56

fbe Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Lucky you.
>
> If it is not too much work could you keep us
> posted on disassembly, masking and reassembly for
> the undecorated unit.
>
> Thanks

Looking at it ..most all the detail parts have to be added to the model - a project to be sure......:)

Bob

Date: 11/19/19 06:44

What else have you got to do on these cold winter nights?

I always like it when the detail parts are loose which makes it easier to mask the model off for painting.

Alan

Date: 11/19/19 20:35

In my case, the unit is solid black with a white or yellow decal sill stripe.....I use Scalecoat or Vallejo paint which cover well and so painting the assembled unit, less only the windows and headlights/ditchlight lenses - is easy.  The trucks and underframe get painted seperately of course but still easy if assembled. I have the ability to do the work....just not the ambition :)

Bob

fbe Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> What else have you got to do on these cold winter
> nights?
>
> I always like it when the detail parts are loose
> which makes it easier to mask the model off for
> painting.
>
> Alan

Date: 11/19/19 21:11

Bob, it is always taking the first step which is the hardest.

I have noticed no black unit is really black black except when it is new. The trucks and fuel tanks get a grey patina of weathered black. Horizontal surfaces like roofs and walkways go flat quickly and may get an oily exhaust overlay and some brown or rust traces.

Get those color railroad books by Don Ball out look at loco photos.

Alan

Date: 11/21/19 08:00
Author: joea9809

Yes....the trucks! And the crooked handrail stantions , the funky plow on the Conrail version . Not to complain, well not too much. For the price I expected a loco at least up to the other guys, from Tennessee. Or the ones from California...it would be so nice to simply take it from the box and start enjoying it.

Posted from Android

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0401 seconds