Home Open Account Help 193 users online

Model Railroading > GP9E's on Train #302

Date: 11/30/19 23:16
GP9E's on Train #302
Author: funnelfan

River City Modelers in Spokane is having a operating session tomorrow morning, and people are welcomed to come and watch (or be suckered into being a brakeman). So I still need to post the photos of the second train I ran during the last session on the 16th, train #302 (I think that was it), a Jefferson to Eastern road freight with some work enroute. I used my pair of SP GP9E's for power. I really do love these units for switching work!

1. Just out of Jefferson crossing the Whiskey Creek Gorge.
2. Dropping a car at a Columbia Transfer in Elsie. No doubt a carload of booze for the bars that serve the loggers and quarry workers of this region.
3. A westbound counterpart train was holding the siding and can be seen leaving in the distance. I will have to work off the mainline picking up cars in Cedar Springs.

Ted Curphey
Ontario, OR

Date: 11/30/19 23:17
Re: GP9E's on Train #302

4. Down in the yard at Cedar Springs picking up a string of empty flatcars.
5. Power and the pickup is back on the train. After a set and release, I'm taking off in a hurry just as the Philmont Turn eases down toward the yard in Cedar Springs.
6. Golfers are making obscene gestures as I storm past the back 9.

Ted Curphey
Ontario, OR

Date: 11/30/19 23:19

7. Dropping down the grade past the paper mill in Philmont
8. Passing through River City as evening closes in on the town.
9. Dropped the train on Arrival 3 at busy Easton Yard. Will run around the caboose and tie up for the day.

Ted Curphey
Ontario, OR

Date: 12/01/19 05:27
Author: SPDRGWfan

Looks like a fun run!

Posted from Android

Date: 12/01/19 08:54
Author: tomstp

That's a lot of wood chips in the pile.

Date: 12/02/19 07:50
Author: HardYellow

Love your bridges!

Date: 12/02/19 15:05
Author: ns1000

Nice layout...

Date: 12/04/19 19:55
Author: bobdavis

Sure looks like a neat RR to operate on.  And that looks like a vintage Heljan enginehouse in a couple of the pics. 

Bob

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0592 seconds