Home Open Account Help 339 users online

Model Railroading > Thanks to Hookdragkick for his suggestion!

Date: 01/18/20 15:07
Thanks to Hookdragkick for his suggestion!
Author: Pattenburg

When I did my C&O MOW boxcar and placed it on this forum, member Hookdragkick suggested perhaps adding a door to this project. Since I had two more windows, a door and an old NKP boxcar, why not give his idea a go at it with this car? Pictured is the finished MOW boxcar which turned out pretty good. Being the builder my opinion is biased so I will let the members on this forum be both the judge and jury should they care to say what their opinion or suggestions are regarding a verdict about this finished project.

Date: 01/18/20 15:20
Re: Thanks to Hookdragkick for his suggestion!
Author: march_hare

Great concept. 

Suggestions: maybe some stairs leading up to the door, and fairly heavy weathering too. M/W equipment doesn’t often have bright white highlights. 

Date: 01/18/20 18:26
Author: Pattenburg

march_hare Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Great concept. 
>
> Suggestions: maybe some stairs leading up to the
> door, and fairly heavy weathering too. M/W
> equipment doesn’t often have bright white
> highlights. 
I was thinking of adding a ladder and grab handle to help someone get through that door but couldn't find anything usable in my box of extra parts. As for the heavy weathering, I tell people that it just came out of the shop after being modified. Perhaps in time it will show signs of weathering.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/18/20 18:27 by Pattenburg.

Date: 01/19/20 00:46
Author: Hookdragkick

Appreciate the shout-out! All you really need is some Tichy wire to make two drop grab irons turned sideways and mounted the door casing and one straight one in the side sill under the door. Then take brass strip, bend yourself a stirrup, then twist the arms at the top 90 degrees to fasten them behind the side sill. Or buy a pack of stirrup steps from Tichy.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0304 seconds