Home Open Account Help 346 users online

Model Railroading > Skeena River Railway Update

Date: 02/14/20 16:21
Skeena River Railway Update
Author: BoilingMan

It's been a while since I posted the start of my Skeena River single panel switching layout.  This is a variation on the old Gum Stump & Snowshoe from Model Railroader.   My version is set in British Columbia on the Skeena River, upstream from Prince Rupert.  The operation is moving rough cut lumber off a ferry and up to a finishing mill, not unlike the NGRR that moved lumber from the Pino Grande mill to Camino, California. (only I've substituted the cable with a boat)
When I last reported I'd finished the (um, "hefty") benchwork and showed how I intend to operate it suspended over the stairwell.  Now, much of the track is in and about 80% of the wiring is done.
SR

Photo 1.  On it's back, working on the wiring.  I still need to add the control panels and add a harness to supply power to the lighted switch stands.  Oh- and track feeds too.
Photo 2.  Looking East from the mill.
Photo 3.  Looking West-  the switchback down to the ferry dock.  The dock decking is holding it's spot on the left, I won't build it until I've done most of the landscaping and the trestle.

Photo 4.  I've mimicked the "switch bashing" SP4360 has done on his Fubar Flats RR, although I'm not quite as daring as he is with the rail cutters.  But, still, I've managed to cram things together a bit.
Photo 5.  Just add trestle, right?
Photo 6.  I've been doing all my track testing/proofing with a DC powered British Railways Class 24 "Rat", because it's about the right size and I find the absurdity kind of amusing   The finished Skeena River will be DCC and I'll be running a Shay (a Key Feather River #3) currently undergoing a complete rebuilt, and the ALCo S-2 in the photos, itself awaiting it's DCC rewire.  

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/14/20 16:49 by BoilingMan.

Date: 02/14/20 16:22
Re: Skeena River Railway Update

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/14/20 16:49 by BoilingMan.

Date: 02/14/20 16:50
Re: Skeen River Railway Update
Author: fbe

And the construction supervisor cat is where this time?

Date: 02/14/20 17:18

fbe Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> And the construction supervisor cat is where this
> time? 

Ohhhhhh she's around....
SR

Date: 02/14/20 18:29
Author: fbe

That is always good to know especially with a visual confirmation.

Date: 02/14/20 20:19
Author: ChrisCampi

Looking crisp! I'd forgotten about the cat until Alan brought her up. Glad to see she's still on the job.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/15/20 15:29 by ChrisCampi.

Date: 02/15/20 15:48
Author: SP4360

Looking good there SR

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0364 seconds