Home Open Account Help 290 users online

Model Railroading > Rabanco Garbage trains in the Pacific Northwest?

Date: 02/16/20 08:45
Rabanco Garbage trains in the Pacific Northwest?
Author: sp8234

Hi all
 I am looking for info on Pacific Northwest garbage trains & if anyone has ever modeled one.
There used to be a Rabanco train that ran from Napa Ca to Roosevelt Washington on SP & BN & then UP & BNSF. 
This comes from myself & friends in the Napa California model train club. 

Tim
Hanesworth

Date: 02/16/20 09:45
Re: Rabanco Garbage trains in the Pacific Northwest?
Author: funnelfan

Don't recall ever seeing a train modeled, mostly because of all the custom containers you would need to make. You would really need to make a master model and then resin cast all the containers. There are a few styles, and many feature a end platform like the one in the bottom photo.

Ted Curphey
Ontario, OR

Date: 02/16/20 09:50
Author: funnelfan

Some more pics, the bottom one is the transload facility at Roosevelt were the containers are transfered to trucks for the trip up the hill to the landfill. Ususally the facility is far more cluttered than this with stacks of containers and trucks and tractors running around.

Ted Curphey
Ontario, OR

Date: 02/16/20 12:54
Author: TCnR

Try checking PhotoBob's website, Bob chased that one many times, there should be some ground level photos of the containers.

We had just talked about those a couple of weeks ago, I was considering the same idea. I don't have any info on it and would have to rely on Bob's photos or an article of some sort.

-------------------------------------------------------
> There used to be a Rabanco train that ran from
> Napa Ca to Roosevelt Washington on SP & BN & then
> UP & BNSF. 
> This comes from myself & friends in the Napa
> California model train club. 
>
> Tim
> Hanesworth

Date: 02/17/20 06:35

Thanks for the info & pictures Funnel Fan.
I will look at Photo Bobs site TCnR. He has posted some Swift Roadrailer pictures for me before.
I am thinking of 15/20 stand alone cars double stacked. The containers look like 48ft with very unique sides & 1 rear door. There are 2 company's that do nice paper container & trailers, for $6.00 you can print all you want.  Have them printed as double stacked already or do a 3D printed one. One has an Allied 48ft already (DigCom Designs) with RABU reporting marks.  Are those Rabanco reporting marks?
Its a project down the road after the Swift train.

Thanks for the info
Tim
Hanesworth

Date: 02/18/20 00:28
Author: BigDave

Who are the companies that do the paper containers?

Date: 02/18/20 04:19
Author: Mojacket

Date: 02/18/20 04:59

Also https://teamtrackmodels.com/ 

Tim
Hanesworth

Date: 02/23/20 10:40
Author: BigDave

Thanks!

Date: 05/28/20 06:17

It turns out the containers were 45' & looking for a good side photo of one. So far most are  3/4 of the train & not so much of a car or container.

Tim
Hanesworth

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0504 seconds