Home Open Account Help 382 users online

Model Railroading > Wahsatch & Union Pacific 837 Green River, WY

Date: 03/27/20 09:33
Wahsatch & Union Pacific 837 Green River, WY
Author: Wasatch-RR-Cont

As we finish more areas on the W&UP, we will keep updating you with photos.  In today's edition, here we see Union Pacific No 837 in Greyhound Paint easing her train westbound into Green River Yard, rounding the large curve that is east of Green River prior to entering the yard.  The short passenger trains runs between Laramie and Green River.  The time frame is spring of 1944. 

The locomotive is a custom painted Kato 4-8-4.   The Model division of Wahsatch Model Trains can supply you with one such model if you are looking for one.  They come in DC and DCC.  They are great models.  

I was asked about the rock walls on the layout.  These are aluminum foil molds, hand made and then poured.   The area of Green River and Shoshoni has about 40 or more molds that we made.   The back drop was done by my mother, Hazel Rimmasch who is a professional artist and who grew up in Green River.  I too, as a young person spent a huge amount of time in Green River, Wyoming.    This weekend we will be detailing the yard more and we will post more of the finished yard as we get it done. 

The yellow box cars in the background are models of cars Wasatch Railcar Repair Contractors (the 1:1 side of the company) rebuilt for the US Army in the summer of 2019 at our Shoshoni pant. 

Date: 03/27/20 09:35
Re: Wahsatch & Union Pacific 837 Green River, WY

A few more of 837 and her short train westbound into Green River yard.

Date: 03/27/20 09:37

We enjoy making models of some of our favorite 1:1 projects.  In this case, we had some box cars made to match the ones we rebuilt for the US Army in the summer of 2019.  These cars traveled on the BNSF and teh UP to Oklahoma wher ethey are now in service for the US Army.  

Date: 03/27/20 09:45
Author: railstiesballast

Photo No. 3 is outstanding, it captures the feel of 1:1 trackside photography with that 3/4 view and the light/shadow effects.

Date: 03/27/20 09:49

NJoy..... 

Date: 03/27/20 10:43
Author: Bob3985

Great photos John. And you included the cars that Wahsatch is producing for the Army.
Very nice. Kudos to you and the boys.

Bob Krieger
Cheyenne, WY

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/28/20 06:22 by Bob3985.

Date: 03/29/20 19:35
Author: wko

Cool shots! I especially like the USAX boxcars. I happened to be shooting video of them in Loveland heading south on the Front Range Sub when the train went into emergency; they stopped right in front of me.
~wko

Date: 03/31/20 10:46

We were so grateful for the help with the train.  Our cars actually hit a crossing and tore out an air hose.  The crew that night fixed it.  Late that night, I was in SLC and saw your pictures and the train report.  I called BNSF at midnight and had a great gal help me write up a few "tickets" on the situation.  The BNSF yard crew in Denver actually went out to the cars in-train and fixed them RIP (Repair in Place) the cars lost no time and stayed in train. I was so thankful for the help.  The pictures actually went to BNSF so the yard crew knew what to look for.  Thanks again.....!

JohnE.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0703 seconds