Home Open Account Help 370 users online

Model Railroading > New video of Tim Dickinson's BN layout on YouTube

Date: 03/29/20 17:29
New video of Tim Dickinson's BN layout on YouTube
Author: trackplanner

Look under Tim Dickinson's model train layout...

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 03/30/20 09:31 by trackplanner.

Date: 03/29/20 18:06
Re: New video of Tim Dickinson's BN layout on YouTube
Author: TCnR

Very cool Layout, I couldn't figure out how large the layout is or what the plan looks like. Great modeling, great use of space for what I could see. Really like how he has the distinctly seperate Produce town with all the industries. The guys doing the Video have done a good presentation, seems to have a string of good videos going. Have to copy and paste the link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07OQM0VUBec

or try a YT search on:
Layout Tour - BN Pacific Division in Amazing Detail HO Scale

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/30/20 09:12 by TCnR.

Date: 03/30/20 04:04
Author: santafesteve

YOUTUBE says video unavailable.

Date: 03/30/20 06:53
Author: Arved

santafesteve Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> YOUTUBE says video unavailable.

Works for me. Try agian?

Arved Grass
Fleming Island, FL

Date: 03/30/20 11:12
Author: jcaestecker

Spent part of a day watching an op session and was impressed with all the great detail and realistic operation.  It's a masterpiece.  Plus, you couldn't find nicer people than Tim and his wife, Lynne.

-John

Date: 03/30/20 20:50
Author: trackplanner

>Very cool Layout, I couldn't figure out how large the layout is or what the plan looks like.

In 2000, we did a major makeover, even going inside the house and taking over the dining room. Tim's wife Lynne got a remodel as a result and we got a bigger train room, so everyone is happy. The layout consists of three parts; 20'x20' 2-car sealed garage, 10'x20' walled-in breezeway and the 11'x12' (roughly) former dining room. I drew up a trackplan for the old layout (pre-2000) for RMJ magazine back in the mid-1990's, but only did the remodel portion of the trackplan for the new extension, so there isn't a full size layout drawing of the entire existing layout (yet). One thing the video doesn't show, but refers to, is that the layout is essentially double-decked, with the lower portion consisting entirely of staging tracks. Tim likes to run long trains with helpers (up to 50 cars), so we have some pretty lengthy staging tracks to accomodate these trains. One of these days I'll get around to doing a full drawing once all the empty spaces are filled in, which will be soon from the looks of things. Stay tuned...

Don DeLay

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/30/20 20:56 by trackplanner.

Date: 03/30/20 21:07
Author: dmaffei

Very cool video. Sights and sounds of railroading on a awesome layout. 

Date: 03/31/20 07:28
Author: PasadenaSub

Thanks for the video, everything looking sharp and amazing.  The wires on the trackside poles are the icing on the cake.

I noticed the hog spur that takes cars of feed and also outputs stock car loads had a really long (80-85') NP stock car there, I had no idea those existed.

Rich

Date: 04/06/20 12:09
Author: TCnR

Another Video came up on the YouTube recommendations. Looks like a few years old but has some broad views so I can understand a little better what the general trackplan is. Quite a few rather animate characters running trains as well.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.1008 seconds