Home Open Account Help 377 users online

Model Railroading > Model railroading spans the globe

Date: 04/02/20 20:14
Model railroading spans the globe
Author: WrongWayMurphy

About a year ago my bride and I took a trip to the UK and spent a week in Devon & Cornwall.  We had
a great time and visited many wonderful locations, and after a days outing to Plymouth and a visit to
Plymouth Argyle FC's Home Park (go Greens!) we had supper and i dropped Mrs Murphy off at the hotel in Exeter
and I visited the weekly meeting of a club called Jct 72A, just barged in and gave them
a belly full of Texan.  I really enjoyed the visit and I hope they did too.  As the evening was about to
adjourn, one of the guys there took this photo, which they then posted somewhere online, maybe Facebook.

They had a couple really nice OO gauge permanant layouts and a n scale traveling layout.

What a great bunch of modeling fanatics they guys are.

Date: 04/03/20 00:33
Re: Model railroading spans the globe
Author: boejoe

You will be remembered as "the visitor from furthest afield"   English, but not the same language on either side of the Atlantic.

Date: 04/03/20 03:14
Author: birdman

I have had the privelege of visiting layouts in Switzerland and Germany.  I live near Philadelphia, PA. Not sure, but the distance between Texas and England might be a little greater.  I have also hosted a visitor to the Delaware Valley Traction Company from Germany. 

Date: 04/03/20 08:43
Author: tq-07fan

I visited a group in Birmingham West Midlands in 2014. I think it was Solihull but I am not totally sure. If you recognize and know this group let me know. Basically though if you visit the UK you can look at the UK Model Shop Directory, Clubs and find some club meeting near wherever you are!

Jim

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0461 seconds