Home Open Account Help 329 users online

Model Railroading > Wahsatch & Union Pacific Ogden Caboose Track N Scale

Date: 04/03/20 16:36
Wahsatch & Union Pacific Ogden Caboose Track N Scale
Author: Wasatch-RR-Cont

The upper deck is almost done.  It is time to start super detailing.  Things like covering roundhouse track wires and missing ties and people and stuff like that.  Like the other posts, these posts help me see what I am missing or need to improve on.   This is the Ogden Locomotive facility as it was in the late 1940's.  We used Don Streak's book, Ogden Rails to model these areas.   The locomotive shop had caboose tracks next to the round house.  These views in real life face West looking toward the Great Salt Lake.   Where the roundhouse sits is now where the UTA Front Runner Fly-over is now located.  

Like the other posts, I have changed the focal point to change YOUR focus on other aspects of the layout.  

Date: 04/03/20 16:38
Re: Wahsatch & Union Pacific Ogden Caboose Track N Scale

A few more of the Caboose Track with a Turbine on the Turntable.

Date: 04/03/20 16:40

Last one for this series.  We hope you N-joy.   It is the weekend....if you have had to work at home without getting much done on the layout....then enjoy the weekend and get something done on the layout!     

Date: 04/03/20 18:06
Author: Bob3985

John, the authors name is Don Strack. And I bet that somewhere in your livery of locomotives I can bet there is a UP 618.

Bob Krieger
Cheyenne, WY

Date: 04/04/20 08:30
Author: inCHI

Great looking scenes!

Date: 04/04/20 10:45

Bob,

Spell check messed up Don Strak's name......  sorry about that.   The 618.....well there is a story there.  My team and I have worked hard on it for about 8 years and it is still not done.....but getting closer and closer.     I must however say.....we are impressed with our cloection of unique steam motive power.    We are blessed.....!   

JohnE.

Date: 04/04/20 16:38
Author: northridgeswitcher

Great photos and Layout!   

Thank you for sharing.

I am also a N Scale UP modeler.   Love the Cabooses!

I have built 2 layouts based on the UP in Salt Lake and Ogden.

When we moved last I started a new layout but it is based loosely based parts of the Los Angles basin (Still UP with SP).

Be safe.

Northridge Switcher 

Date: 04/05/20 09:01
Author: MikeUP4014

Like the P.I.E trailer in the Background, my Dad used to work for them in Denver..

Mike Keithly
Kimball, NE

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0839 seconds