Home Open Account Help 176 users online

Model Railroading > Plywood Pacific no more ...

Date: 04/21/20 09:50
Plywood Pacific no more ...
Author: Jeff_Johnston

Contrary to popular belief, our Sugar Pine Lumber Company layout will not be a Plywood Pacific for much longer.

Jeff Johnston
trainvideosandparts.com

Date: 04/21/20 13:08
Re: Plywood Pacific no more ...
Author: PHall

Looks like you're having a Foam Fiesta!

Date: 04/21/20 23:33
Author: Jeff_Johnston

With "self isolation" time on our hands, we can make a lot of progress.

The corner next to Berrian Vista and the area adjacent to Central Camp is now filled with foam, and I'll also be replacing some of that old blue foam in Central Camp with some newer material. I'm embarrassed to think how many years ago that original blue foam was installed, I think it was back when I still lived in Indiana. The adhesive I used sort of corroded the foam so it’s just as well it’s going out. I had to extend the Central Camp deck by about 6” to broaden the curve coming in, so some new foam arrangement was called for anyway. 

Now, regarding the foam scenery base, as the saying goes, "How do you carve a statue of an elephant from a big boulder? Carve away everything that doesn't look like an elephant.=14px”

Side effect: The lower deck sure gets dark when the light from above doesn’t shine down on it any more. I need to find some of that “strip light” LED lighting that can be adjusted to 5500K daylight color. Suggestions are most welcome!

Jeff Johnston
trainvideosandparts.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/21/20 23:34 by Jeff_Johnston.

Date: 04/22/20 08:06
Author: RRTom

Those are the most carefully cut and laid out cardboard strips I've ever seen.  Nice!

Date: 04/22/20 13:35
Author: bnsfsd70

Haha, right?  That was my thought as well!

- Jeff

RRTom Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Those are the most carefully cut and laid out
> cardboard strips I've ever seen.  Nice!

Date: 04/23/20 16:25
Author: holiwood

looks like a picket fence

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.04 seconds