Home Open Account Help 183 users online

Model Railroading > Rapido B36-7 question


Date: 05/20/20 09:19
Rapido B36-7 question
Author: sp8192

This is from an undecorated HO Rapido B36-7 SP version.   I was wondering if Jason from Rapido was roaming around on here and could answer what these 6 little parts are on the left that look like a smiley face?   They were in the horn/brass step bag.   Two larger squares are SP gray and 4 smaller are silver.  Any ideas on where they go on the model?



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/20/20 09:40 by sp8192.




Date: 05/20/20 09:30
Re: Rapido B36-7 question
Author: FiveChime

The black item looks like a Nathan P3 horn correct for SP.

Regards, Jim Evans



Date: 05/20/20 09:40
Re: Rapido B36-7 question
Author: sp8192

Yes, I know that.  What are the 6 parts on the left that look like a smiley face.

FiveChime Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The black item looks like a Nathan P3 horn correct
> for SP.
>
> Regards, Jim Evans



Date: 05/20/20 14:46
Re: Rapido B36-7 question
Author: Fredo

The 5 silver parts are cab window wind deflectors



Date: 05/20/20 15:00
Re: Rapido B36-7 question
Author: sp8192

jThat was my first guess also...but there are no 'pins' to poke into the cab...

Fredo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The 5 silver parts are cab window wind deflectors



Date: 05/20/20 15:09
Re: Rapido B36-7 question
Author: MrMRL

I think the big silver metallic strip is a ruler. (just kidding...)

Mr. MRL 



Date: 05/20/20 15:13
Re: Rapido B36-7 question
Author: MrMRL

Honest guesses here... maybe the two black squares are optional sand hatch covers? Or on closer look, there are small square plates added to the lower corners of the fuel tanks on some models, maybe these are supposed to be those optional plates? Perhaps the small silver squares are class light blanks/covers? I've been scouring the internet for undecorated (preproduction) photos of the B36-7 models as they were being displayed around the various trade shows, but I haven't found the details in question yet.

~ Mr. MRL



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/20/20 15:21 by MrMRL.



Date: 05/20/20 15:44
Re: Rapido B36-7 question
Author: brfriedm

There are some undec shots at the bottom of this page. I found this front shot also.

Bruce

https://rapidotrains.com/ho-ge-b36-7

MrMRL Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Honest guesses here... maybe the two black squares
> are optional sand hatch covers? Or on closer look,
> there are small square plates added to the lower
> corners of the fuel tanks on some models, maybe
> these are supposed to be those optional plates?
> Perhaps the small silver squares are class light
> blanks/covers? I've been scouring the internet for
> undecorated (preproduction) photos of the B36-7
> models as they were being displayed around the
> various trade shows, but I haven't found the
> details in question yet.
>
> ~ Mr. MRL



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/20/20 16:00 by brfriedm.




Date: 05/20/20 16:31
Re: Rapido B36-7 question
Author: ChrisCampi

I'm looking at two SP versions now and I don't see those parts. Maybe I'm just missing them. Could the silver parts be jacking pads for another roadname?



Date: 05/20/20 17:38
Re: Rapido B36-7 question
Author: sp8192

Possibly....or they could just be some extra junk metal sprues that aren't for anything...

ChrisCampi Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I'm looking at two SP versions now and I don't see
> those parts. Maybe I'm just missing them. Could
> the silver parts be jacking pads for another
> roadname?



Date: 05/20/20 18:45
Re: Rapido B36-7 question
Author: PHall

sp8192 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Possibly....or they could just be some extra junk
> metal sprues that aren't for anything...
>
> ChrisCampi Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I'm looking at two SP versions now and I don't
> see
> > those parts. Maybe I'm just missing them. Could
> > the silver parts be jacking pads for another
> > roadname?

Not likely. Tooling costs a LOT of money. You don't cut molds for something you're not going to use.
Unless you don't want to stay in business!



Date: 05/21/20 09:48
Re: Rapido B36-7 question
Author: BCutter

Two comments aboput the OP's question.  The first is that it is not unusual for companies to have "extra" parts in their kits.  There may be a basic kit structure that uses similar parts among many individual units.  It is most likely cheaper (in time and money) not to remove "extra" parts from sprues.  I know that I have encounterd this with kits from several manufacturers.  The second comment is why not contact Rapido directly?  It has been my experience that they are very cooperative in answering questions!

Good luck!

Bruce
Columbia MO



Date: 05/21/20 11:23
Re: Rapido B36-7 question
Author: sp8192

1st comment reply...I also believe they are 'extra trash sprue' parts that don't go to anything on the B36-7.
2nd comment answer....I could easily contact Rapido, and I still may, but 1.) Jason patrols here quite often so I thought he may see and provide some feedback here.  2.) I have been on TO for a long time and have found that questions that I post on here typically receive answers that are usually informative and accurate so I thought I would let the TO world get the first stab at the question, as I am sure many are bored at home during Quarantine.

BCutter Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Two comments aboput the OP's question.  The first
> is that it is not unusual for companies to have
> "extra" parts in their kits.  There may be a
> basic kit structure that uses similar parts among
> many individual units.  It is most likely cheaper
> (in time and money) not to remove "extra" parts
> from sprues.  I know that I have encounterd this
> with kits from several manufacturers.  The second
> comment is why not contact Rapido directly?  It
> has been my experience that they are very
> cooperative in answering questions!
>
> Good luck!
>
> Bruce
> Columbia MO



Date: 05/21/20 11:52
Re: Rapido B36-7 question
Author: acltrainman

The small 4 gray squares might just be doors for the plow if unit doesn't have hoses attached. Just a thought. The rest of the parts? I do see wind deflectore in silver in the mass of parts.
 

Stanley Jackowski
Valrico, FL



Date: 05/21/20 12:16
Re: Rapido B36-7 question
Author: spsunset

I saw silver or white plates behind the bottom steps on the SP on Rapido Site . Don"t know if yours are already on or?
Good luck.

Jim



Date: 05/22/20 07:04
Re: Rapido B36-7 question
Author: sp8192

After I received feedback from others that have undec B36-7's, I think the gathered final answer was that the 4 silver and 2 larger gray pieces of metal are the rears of the ditch lights.   



[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0938 seconds