Home Open Account Help 363 users online

Model Railroading > Walthers 2nd run of G85 flat cars

Date: 05/27/20 11:40
Walthers 2nd run of G85 flat cars
Author: SPDRGWfan

Walthers recently announced a 2nd run of the G85 flatcars, due late this year (or more likely early next year).

https://www.walthers.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=G85

It appears those who missed out on VTTX can get another shot at them, especially if you pre-order with Walthers.  It looks like a rerun of brown GTTX and yellow GTTX.  New for this run appear to be black NP and NH, and brown ATSF, SOO and T.T.X.

Cheers, Jim

Date: 05/27/20 15:13
Re: Walthers 2nd run of G85 flat cars
Author: SP1984

Jim,

Thanks for the heads up! I missed out on the VTTX cars last time, hopefully I can secure a couple this time! I saw them selling on that internet auction site for around $100 per car! Thats too rich for my blood.

Date: 05/27/20 15:22

$100 per car, nuts!  Pre-order with Walthers and it's $29.99.  Some dealers are also doing pre-orders for Walthers models discounted.

Date: 05/27/20 17:30
Author: DevalDragon

SPDRGWfan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> $100 per car, nuts!  Pre-order with Walthers and
> it's $29.99.  Some dealers are also doing
> pre-orders for Walthers models discounted.

Supply and demand. You never know if there will be another run.
Check out Walthers Horizon and Viewliner cars on that auction site for two prime examples.

Date: 05/27/20 17:51

DevalDragon Wrote:
--------------------------------
>
> Supply and demand. You never know if there will be
> another run.
> Check out Walthers Horizon and Viewliner cars on
> that auction site for two prime examples.
>

I've seen them and glad they are too new for my needs. Hmmm... Maybe Walthers is playing eBay.

Don't shoot the messenger.

Posted from Android

Date: 05/28/20 16:54
Author: Burlington67

I been doing a little research on these cars , I found NH cars in my 1970 Official Railway Equipment Register book after that I don"t see them anywhere after that , must of been repainted in PC, Also the Trailer Train Brown TTX car  I see one car pictured in Trailer Train Book Vol 1 1961 , I have a lot of Official Register books but can't find this car series in any books I have or photo sites, the car that suprized me was the NP car, since I model BN I found from NP  Hist Soc was photo drawing diagrams  of the GATC 85 flat showed 70 in my 1975 Officcial Register book, Must be car that was not photograph muched  does anybody have a photo to post of NP car, only 1 car  in NP Morning sun Book  also Soo line freight car booked showed one, not saying these cars are 100 percent correct but look good to me for stand in models

Date: 05/31/20 08:04
Author: steeplecab

I wish they'd offer undecs. We have some fairly freshly painted cars that look very close to these on the MRL right now in MOW service. I'd like to find six or eight without paint. I wouldn't mind the same price as the rest, but I'm not too keen on stripping the painted cars.

Dano

Date: 06/01/20 10:35
Author: fbe

I think the MRL cars once had log bunks on the side and connected across the bottom in a U shape. They were for long thin trees going to a chipper and turned to cardboard at Schilling. The cars were also used to carry stacks of crushed automobiles.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0581 seconds